[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were women in past uglier than today? And don't get me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

File: 1444764695803.jpg (361KB, 753x900px) Image search: [Google]
1444764695803.jpg
361KB, 753x900px
Were women in past uglier than today?
And don't get me wrong, I don't mean le curves and that bullshit, but mainly face, teeth, etc.
Yeah I know this is difficult question.
>>
do you mean by standards today, or the standards of their contemporaries? Things like "ideal breast size" have changed a lot over time.

Either way, the answer is "not all of them."
>>
>>286130
Yes. Kind of.

I don't know, but when I look at old photos of famous and beautiful women pre-1950s, they were all supposed "gorgeous and to die for", yet they all kinda looked lumpy and homely.

They had nice smooth skin, and symmetrical features, but nothing extraordinary. Compares to the likes of Scarlett Johannson or Jennifer Love Hewitt, women of past were downright butterfaced.
>>
>>286138
I specifically said shit like facial features, skin, etc.
Not body shape.
>>286145
Yeah that's my idea too.
>>
Plastic surgery, make up, regular showers, and a lack of direct sun light. Diet is also a large factor.
>>
Oh, and I don't know why I restricted myself to women, we can discuss men too.
>>286183
However, was food of better quality then, if you were upper class?
It was practically free of various shit they put in food today.
About plastic surgery, most women today don't have plastic surgery either, and makeup existed even in ancient Egypt as far as I know.
>>
>>286145
Same
>>
People ate waaaay less sugar than we do now so their teeth were actually very nice
>>
>>286145
But women have much better beautifiers today.
>>
>>286130
Consider the following, maybe different eras had different standards for what was considered beautiful, so you'll prefer the women of your own time. Or, since aesthetic standards are now subject to a highly efficient industry that provides endless novelty, you'll prefer the way women looked when you hit puberty.
>>
Sure, but people didn't brush their teeth. Read about Napoleon's first wife.

Make up did exist but it only came into real fashion in the 1920s. That's another thread.

Rich and poor had different diets and suffered from different problems. There is also our increased exposure to estrogen today.
>>
>>286145
I know that feel.

Chicks in all the black and white photos look...plain. Like a bunch of food critics fawning over Olive Garden spaghetti.
>>
I suppose maybe only rich people would get their portraits, so the standards of beauty were shifted?
>>
File: prinzessin-viktoria-luise.jpg (382KB, 912x1280px) Image search: [Google]
prinzessin-viktoria-luise.jpg
382KB, 912x1280px
>tfw there will never be such a beautiful woman like Prinzessin Viktoria Luise von Preußen again
She is the love of my life. Pure perfection.
>>
File: VictoriaLouiseUniform.jpg (2MB, 2103x3155px) Image search: [Google]
VictoriaLouiseUniform.jpg
2MB, 2103x3155px
>>288294
Look at this Alpha female.
>>
>>286145
>Scarlett Johannson
Ordinary looking whore who owes her fame and fortune to Nepotism, Nepotism within the Jewish media.

> Jennifer Love Hewitt
The other is a child whore.
>>
>>288314
>>>/pol/
>>
>>286130
I read somewhere that people nowadays are much prettier than in the past, mostly due to better hygiene, diet and medicine. Also now we're more aware of what is healthy and what isn't, so we make better choices, or at least should.

I know people like to whine about "unrealistic beauty standards", EDs, high heels and breast augmentations, but it's nothing compared to corsets, footbinding, giant wigs, flammable crinolins, tapeworm diet, lead based make-up and killer collars.
>>
File: Prince_Albert_-_Partridge_1840.jpg (901KB, 1215x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Albert_-_Partridge_1840.jpg
901KB, 1215x1500px
Men were absolute breath-taking, though. Take for instance, Albert. His portray is accurate in regards to his looks, specially if we compare it with Victoria's letters and other primary sources at the time. Frankly, I doubt we'll ever see men this beautiful ever again.
>>
>>286130
People generally grew up in worse conditions with less food and less comfort. This tends to make people more ugly. So yes they were generally uglier than today.

It even goes back to the 60s and 70s, the "Beauties" on TV back then were fugly by today.
>>
>>286145
Shit taste anon
>>
>>288675
>implying male model fuccbois don't exist
>>
File: leifgw.jpg (46KB, 858x429px) Image search: [Google]
leifgw.jpg
46KB, 858x429px
>>288294
>>288313
>she will never be yours
Worst feel.
>>
File: 1429147539916.png (152KB, 1946x2417px) Image search: [Google]
1429147539916.png
152KB, 1946x2417px
>>286130
>>
>>288313
She looks really great in that uniform.
>>
>>288700
>comparing a male model fucboii with boypussy to Prince Albert

Hey anon, you'll be better off here >>/lgbt/
>>
File: 26244174wVd.jpg (73KB, 768x992px) Image search: [Google]
26244174wVd.jpg
73KB, 768x992px
I'll throw in my two cents in an unorthodox way. This is a picture of a young negress from a tribe that paints themselves red. I've forgotten their name sadly but they get posted a lot. They are fully tribal and live in the wilderness.

Look how pretty she is. I have more pics and basically even the plain girls look at the very least healthy and full of vigor. I believe the same was true elsewhere, and in less harsh climates even more so. What you fail to understand in most cases is that modern women are tarted up 24/7 and have no modesty. In Europe and the USA (as elsewhere) modesty was a core value, so your average girl wouldn't look "great" by our standards because our standards are damaged and unrealistic, not in a muh patriarchy way but in a wholly artificial way women themselves perpetuate with constant use of make up, clothes and so on.

Perhaps as a teenager I wouldn't be taken when I see these old pictures like the ones of our beloved Princess Louise, but being older (30) and understanding something about the world, history and life though this is always a bold claim I find myself drawn more and more to the authentic and feminine rather than shallow and tarted up duckfaces.

You're also divorcing the body from the soul so to speak. Our Princess for instance might've been like most women of the era - warm, friendly, caring and nurturing. I'm certain there were men wholly smitten with her who'd die for her at a moments notice and expect nothing in turn. And the plain peasent girl of the Middle Ages, with humble clothing, a strong body and fierce devotion to her husband is in my opinion infinitely more valuable that say Paris Hilton or whoever people regard as "beautiful" nowadays.
>>
>>288781
The face looks like a female Trayvon
>>
File: 1434122004782-0.jpg (422KB, 831x988px) Image search: [Google]
1434122004782-0.jpg
422KB, 831x988px
>>288784

And here we have a 14 year old aristocrat girl, with a wonderful "disdain for plebs" look in her eyes.
>>
>>288797
Whatever m8

You jack off to Travyon 'TrayTray' Martin
>>
>>286130
>>286145
My own theory is just that the standars have changed.
Back then they didn't really have the amount of cosmetics we have now, so beauty was more natural.
>>
>>288675
Yeah but what about men in the lower classes?
I don't think peasants were good at beauty and hygiene.
>>
Only on average due to lesser living conditions. Genetically, 2000 years is nothing and nothing would change. With good nutrition and managing to stay healthy, an ancient woman wouldn't look any different. So it's the food that matter most, especially since historically poor people had troubles in getting all the vitamins and trace elements like iodine which would affect their looks.
>>
>>288880
>like iodine which would affect their looks.
>like iodine

What
>>
>>288708
Yeah, but this is fucking obvious. In any online dating thing, the number of men is going to be much greater than the number of women, thus the women can afford to be more selective because of their increased value. Not to mention men's overall higher desire and demand compared to women's...
>>
>>288880
Actually, peasants used to have better teeth than upper classes, because they ate lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, while aristocrats consumed sugar and white bread. In 1500's there was a brief period when it was fashionable to have blackened, rotten teeth, because it indicated you could afford to eat sugar.
>>
>>288897
>In 1500's there was a brief period when it was fashionable to have blackened, rotten teeth, because it indicated you could afford to eat sugar.
That's hilarious
>>
>>288897
Implying fruit is good for your teeth...
>>
>>288886
People living away from the sea and on soil with very low amounts of iodine would suffer from thyroid problems which affect the health of entire populations. Nowadays, iodine is artificially added to salt just like milk is fortified with vitamin D to avoid avitaminosis due to a lack of sun exposure.
>>
>>288897
I don't know where this "peasants ate a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables" meme comes from. Maybe england was the garden of Eden, but here the peasant's daily food was some wine, some bread of dubious quality and some olives or grapes. Later maybe some potatoes.

Yeah, that's right, all this is fruits and vegetables, but hardly "lots of" and hardly a good diet.
>>
How bad did people smell back then?
>>
>>288935
http://people.eku.edu/resorc/Medieval_peasant_diet.htm
>>
>>288675
Yeah, they were all super sexy
>>
File: dropka.jpg (477KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dropka.jpg
477KB, 1200x1500px
>>288781
>Look how pretty she is.

With her tits covered, I could believe she's a dude if you told me so. I can agree with some of your points, but you couldn't have chosen a worst example to make your argument.
>>
>>288944
So mainly based on brittish case as I said. Wasn't england one of the medieval kingdoms with a less harsh form of feudalism?
>>
>>289000
Possibly but that's only due to the shit climate for growing anything in England, that's why their main crop was cabbage and they could only raise sheep. There's a reason England was so expansionist, they needed land that could grow food which is why they fought so hard for French land and colonized the Far East and the New World so heavily.
>>
File: ONE94_594_3.jpg (42KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
ONE94_594_3.jpg
42KB, 720x540px
>>286204
they did have less cavities, but due to lack of cleaning, they had teeth ossification, so, luck of the draw...
>>
File: tumblr_mbr3oodk0h1qjuryuo1_500.png (460KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbr3oodk0h1qjuryuo1_500.png
460KB, 500x666px
>>288294
>>288313

Literally average, Olga on the other hand.
>>
File: Berber_tunisie_1910.jpg (51KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
Berber_tunisie_1910.jpg
51KB, 350x447px
>>288988
>>
File: Hateful_feel.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Hateful_feel.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>288294
>>288313
Whhhyyyyy???? ;_; Why can´t I have her?
>tfw no cute princess sister to lead the good family tradition of incest on with
>>
>>290246
>tfw no cute princess sister to lead the good family tradition of incest on with
Glad to see that I'm not alone ;_;
>>
>>286130
You could argue that different standards of beauty makes us think so, but even without that the lack of hygiene, poor alimentation and some other things that could be improved (dental health for instance) would mean they were. Not to mention that most women were working, and working more and harder than we are today, which does use the body.
>>
>>286145
Scarjo is the epitome of lumpy and homely.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.