[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw jews got fucked for centuries thanks to this guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (182KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 1200x1200px
>tfw jews got fucked for centuries thanks to this guy
>>
>Implying they aren't partially responsible for what's been done to them
>Implying Jews didn't basically control the triangle trade
It's 2015, we should start acknowledging Jews as moral agents.
>>
>>285326
>we should start acknowledging that there is some eternal Jew, the misdeeds of which all Jews are responsible for

uhh

what about no
>>
>>285349
>strawmanning this hard
Goldberg pls
>>
>>285354
lol, are you stupid? it wasn't a strawman, that is literally what you implied
>>
>>285398
>it wasn't a strawman,
The poster you replied to hinted absolutely nothing about "some eternal Jew". Hence, you attacked a strawman.

Now please stop posting.
>>
>>285218
What? Most expulsions of jews predate Luther. Nobody likes jews, just accept it.
>>
>>285218

>implying Jews hadnt been persecuted by the Romans for their Monotheism
>>
>>285326
/pol/ please go
>>
>>285406
>I didn't mean that, but I'm not going to tell you what I actually meant either :^)

Are you literally five?
>>
>>285475
>>I didn't mean that, but I'm not going to tell you what I actually meant either :^)
...What?

Are you clinically retarded?

First of all, I wasn't the guy who posted : >>285326

Second of all, yes, he didn't mean that, since he didn't say that. You can't attribute meaning to phrases arbitrarily, you stupid fucking moron.

Now go kill yourself, you won't be missed.
>>
>>285326 here, anyone who thinks that someone referring to actions performed by members of the Jewish tradition, religion, or ethnic group in a critical manner (i.e., not saying "The plight of the Jews in the modern era is ENTIRELY the fault of Martin Luther and it is impossible to justify the claim that Jews are in any sense responsible for the way others treated them") is necessarily referring to an international Jewish conspiracy is delusional. If my post had been about any other ethnic group you wouldn't have given a fuck.
>>
>>285485
The only sensible way to interpret that post is to assume the poster meant Jews, as a collective, over space an time, are responsible for the involvement of certain Jews in the triangle trade.
>>
>>285434
If their own book is anything to go by, they've been persecuted for freaking ever.
>>
>>285528
What does a Jew who died in a pogrom, or in the Holocaust, have to do with a Jew who ran the triangle trade? The answer is nothing. Only individuals are responsible for their actions, not ethnic groups. To say otherwise is superstition, it's mythic thinking. Hence the eternal Jew.
>>
>>285536
And it makes more sense to blame Martin Luther, as a specific individual, for all the maltreatment the Jews have suffered since he lived? Also, the only reason you think that's a 'sensible' way to interpret the post is because your radical antiessentialism makes you see essentialist statements where there aren't any. Did I say "Every Jew owned stock in slaving companies operating boats involved in the triangle trade?" No, I said
>>Implying Jews didn't basically control the triangle trade
Not "all" or "some" Jews, just Jews. Obviously, I didn't mean "All Jews owned stock in...", because that's a clearly absurd sentence. Plus, Jews were offered many opportunities to convert to the predominant religion in both the Christian and Muslim world.
>>285548
Why should the deaths of Jews in the Holocaust make up for the crimes committed by Jewish slave traders? As you say, they have nothing to do with each other. I get the impression that you think any reference to Jews is a reference to all Jews ever to live. This can only be a misunderstanding of the way universal and particular statements work. See my point about the meaning of the sentence "All Jews owned stock in the slave trade" as opposed to the meaning of the sentence "Jews dominated the slave trade." This is rather obviously a particular statement, and I don't understand why you think it can only reasonably be interpreted as a general one. I didn't say "The Jews," I said "Jews;" this should tip you off to begin with that I'm not talking about all Jews, but only a group of people who are Jewish.

>Only individuals are responsible for their actions, not ethnic groups.
And individuals who are members of ethnic groups are also responsible for the actions for which they are responsible. This tautology is only meant to remind you that individual Jews can commit immoral actions.
>>
>>285594
>Plus, Jews were offered many opportunities to convert to the predominant religion in both the Christian and Muslim world.
My point being that refusal to convert was the actual cause of each individual's suffering in the cases where they were penalized for being Jewish after refusing to convert. In those cases, the individual Jews are each responsible for their own suffering. Many of them probably thought of it as righteous, so it doesn't seem prima facie objectionable to assert this.
>>
File: 1434437986454.jpg (39KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1434437986454.jpg
39KB, 500x497px
>>285326
>some Jews did bad things, so all Jews should bare responsibility
>>
>>285218
jews get fucked thanks to their own behavior
>>
>>285594
>And it makes more sense to blame Martin Luther, as a specific individual, for all the maltreatment the Jews have suffered since he lived?

No? I never said that. That claim is obviously false. Stop putting words in my mouth.

>Not "all" or "some" Jews, just Jews. Obviously, I didn't mean "All Jews owned stock in...", because that's a clearly absurd sentence.

Again, I never said anything like that.

>Why should the deaths of Jews in the Holocaust make up for the crimes committed by Jewish slave traders?

What? As I said, stop putting words in my mouth.

The particular Jews that were involved in the triangle trade certainly were responsible for their own actions. I never said anything else. Your mistake was to justify historical or contemporary anti-Semitism ("what's been done to them", "Jews getting fucked for centuries") by referring to the immoral actions of those particular historical Jews.
>>
>>285326
Do you think this applies to every group?
>>
>>285707
>No? I never said that. That claim is obviously false. Stop putting words in my mouth.
I guess you're not OP, then, because OP is saying that the plight of Judaism in modernity is a consequence of Luther.
>What? As I said, stop putting words in my mouth.
Why did you bring up the Holocaust at all? I don't understand what your position is. There may not be a connection between the Holocaust and the slave trade, but that's just one example of something morally questionable that Jews were involved in. It was the kind of behavior the Nazis had in mind when they organized the Holocaust.
>The particular Jews that were involved in the triangle trade certainly were responsible for their own actions. I never said anything else. Your mistake was to justify historical or contemporary anti-Semitism ("what's been done to them", "Jews getting fucked for centuries") by referring to the immoral actions of those particular historical Jews.
I don't understand--are you saying I'm wrong because I referred to the Holocaust? "What's been done to them" doesn't sound like an explicitly anti-semitic statement to me, everyone knows awful things have been done to the Jewish people over time. OP, who I am not, used the phrase "jews got fucked for centuries," not me, and it isn't even an antisemitic statement.
>Again, I never said anything like that.
You implied that I was blaming all Jews for the actions of a few particular slavers among them.

>>285713
Obviously. Everyone is a moral agent. No social body has ever been sinless.
>>
File: 1436929183530.jpg (42KB, 741x486px) Image search: [Google]
1436929183530.jpg
42KB, 741x486px
>>285326
>>285735
>>285594
>I-I'm not saying that all Jews are responsible for what some Jews have done
>I-I'm saying that Jews should be held accountable for what some Jews have done
I-I'm not trying to say that all Jews deserved what they got, h-honest!
>>
>>285349
Could you type in a more tumblr style?
>>
File: smug beatnik.jpg (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug beatnik.jpg
63KB, 300x300px
>>285349
>He doesn't know about the Eternal Jew hidden beneath Jerusalem
Why do you think they've been fighting so hard to keep the Holy Land from Muslims?
>>
>>285326
/pol/shitpost

This is old old cancer /pol/. Eventually humanity will be united by me under one banner, but I'll make sure to bury all the neo-Nazis and Zionists under the ocean together.
>>
>>285735
>OP, who I am not, used the phrase "jews got fucked for centuries," not me

But you posted in his thread, in response to that particular sentence.

Just let it go, dude, you said some stupid shit. Now it's time to move forward.
>>
>>285835
>There's a literal SCP monster under Jerusalem
it all makes sense now.
>>
>>285735
The thing is what Jews allegedly did are pretty minor to like say the British did. Like we have shit that you can possibly construe as "Jews" (even though most Jews of note where Ashkenazim) shekel scheming we have definite proof that Albion being perfidious crystal clear black and white all in print.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.