[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good YouTube vids about Nietzsche's influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: caseangle.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
caseangle.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
What are some good YouTube vids about Nietzsche's influence on NAZISM? I'm tired of all of these left-wing shills pretending like his references to "the blond beast" were about lions.

"At the bottom of all these noble races we cannot fail to recognize the beast of prey, the blond beast splendidly roaming around in its lust for loot and victory."
>>
>>28435
please please PLEASE drop trip
please
>>
File: 1150900.jpg (92KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
1150900.jpg
92KB, 800x494px
>>28435
death.
of.
the.
author.

Since you're obviously freely interpreting Nietzsche's "sick references" as opposed to objectively reading the true and unambiguous meaning of the text, why not consider Britain to be more appropriate to this allegory?

>that bear

eternal return confirmed
>>
Nietzsche literally hated Germans, thought anti-semitism was stupid and never really talked about biological race.

He probably was a racist by modern standards (as were most people), and certainly there are allusions in his work to what might be theories of genetic superiority of some people over others, but there is really no reason to think that racial characteristics have any great significance in Nietzsche's work. If Nietzsche was writing today they might have featured more, but in the 19th century to the only 'alien' racial group that might have really concerned a European was Jews, and he seems to have hated Christians more than Jews.

I also see Nietzsche as basically a rightist but that doesn't mean you can just attribute every right wing view under the sun to him.
>>
File: 1424306692219.jpg (265KB, 938x951px) Image search: [Google]
1424306692219.jpg
265KB, 938x951px
>>31548
>racial characteristics have any great significance in Nietzsche's work. If Nietzsche was writing today
Total non-sequitur.
>>
>>31369
>Since you're obviously freel
Unfalsifiable, fashionable nonsense. Up with this I will not put. Good day, sir!
>>
>>32159
Something being unfalsifiable doesn't make it nonsense or noise. Dismissing anything on these grounds alone is just bad manners and functionally communicates "not my school of thought, you don't jive with my jargon, begone!"

It's not like you'll get postmodernism-cooties from trying to process some fairly simple ideas in good faith, fairly simple ideas that are considered paradigmatic i might add.
>>
>>33637
Slave Values: The Post
>>
Nietzsche was not a nazi. Nietzsche loathed nationalism and anti-semitism and racism. The reason why Nietzsche is associated with the Nazis is that his sister Elizabeth Forster-Nietzsche was a giant naziboo. When Nietzsche had a massive breakdown and went catatonic (possibly due to tertiary syphilis, but who knows) his sister took his work, and tried to sell it to the Nazis as their kind of thing, completely bastardising it in the process

it has taken quite a long time to rehabilitate Nietzsche from his unfortunate (and entirely unwarranted) association with those boot licking retards in brown shirts
>>
File: Mysterious fellow.jpg (11KB, 170x198px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious fellow.jpg
11KB, 170x198px
>>31548
Underrated post
>>
>>34503
>Nietzsche was not a nazi. Nietzsche loathed nationalism and anti-semitism and racism. The reason why Nietzsche is associated with the Nazis is that his sister Elizabeth Forster-Nietzsche was a giant naziboo. When Nietzsche had a massive breakdown and went catatonic (possibly due to tertiary syphilis, but who knows) his sister took his work, and tried to sell it to the Nazis as their kind of thing, completely bastardising it in the process
All anecdotes disproved centuries ago. Don't believe everything you read on the web.
>>
>>34917
>centuries ago

Nietzsche only died in 1900 you moron
>>
>>34954
It's called hyperbole. How can you be this dense?
>>
>>34917
What are your sources?
>>
>>31548
This person has at least read Nietzsche.

Hilariously, the thing that Nietzsche advocated above all else was a bringing together of extremes, his Superman was a combination of what he saw as "jewish" and "german" values - you needed the feminine sensitivity of "jewish morality" or you'd just turn into a disgusting brutish animal like he saw the Germans as.

Nazism was like a caricature of everything Nietzsche loathed in his own germanness.
>>
>>34995
How can you be so shit
>>
>>34503
Eh, most of what you say is correct, but >>31548 is much closer to the mark. Nietzsche was absolutely racist in some of his opinions, and spent some ink on anti-semitism, just not as much on how he hated the Germans, or, is favourite subject, the Christians.

Everything you said about his sister is correct though, she wasn't just a Naziboo she was an outright Nazi.
>>
OP dropped it
Abandon thread
>>
>>35153
>>34503
>>31548

While obviously not a nazi, I think it's too far-fetched to say Nietzsche had nothing to do with nazism. Presenting facts of Nietzsche not caring for things like race, or not supporting things like anti-semitism, or nationalism of any kind, is not all that relevant when Nietzsche's greatest influence was the rejection of moral and ideological truths. Doing whatever seems fit to release germany from it's bourgeoisie restraints and take it into a chase of power and fame, creating a "new" empowered german race, all these ideas are screaming Nietzsche. Just becsuse he didn't hate jews doesn't mean he didn't say it's not-wrong to kill them if you like, and that's alot.
Ironically, people under the control of the reich we're kind of the prototype for what Nietzsche hated in man, but Hitler? High SS commanders? They lived like gods, not very different than what was suggested by Nietzsche.
>>
>>31369
>death.
> of.
>the.
>author.

This desu. However, that also justifies the horrible misinterpretations/misrepresentations of his theories by the Nazi's.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.