[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had he not died prematurely, could he have conquered Arabia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: Alexander the Great.jpg (184KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander the Great.jpg
184KB, 800x480px
Had he not died prematurely, could he have conquered Arabia as he intended?
>>
>>279554
what the hell was even in the slightest way interesting in Arabia at that time? I think it would have been a retarded move, he should have invaded Italy
>>
>>279572
>what the hell was even in the slightest way interesting in Arabia at that time?

Arabia was rich as fuck, a land of spice trade and caravans.
>>
>>279572
Sabaeans. There's a civilization there you know. And the Ayyrab raiders were messing his routes.
>>
File: cya.png (617KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
cya.png
617KB, 800x550px
>>279572
Looking at maps helps a lot to understand history
>>
>>279592
>>279614
only Yemen was relevant, hardly justifies an invasion of the complete peninsula
>>
>>279554
Why the fuck would he conquer Arabia? There was nothing of value there.
Very few people, very little wealth, no infrastructure, nothing of particular cultural, political or strategical value.

Only in the south-most point could you find something worthy of conquest, but at that point you might as well take Eritrea/Ethiopia instead.
>>
>>279670
Pretty sure he didn't want to conquer the desert part senpai. That's what he did with persia, he completely ignored the desert part when he didn't need to cross it to go to another place.
>>
>>279694
Greeks at that time didn't even knew what that was. Herodotus ethiopians are actually what we call Nubians. They did know well that somewhere in Arabia there was a rich land, though.

His conquest of Arabia can be compared to his desire to conquer India, getting that legendary, exotic rich land.
>>
File: capture2.png (47KB, 131x141px) Image search: [Google]
capture2.png
47KB, 131x141px
>>279554
i watch movie alexander the great
he had sex with his mum who got raped by king phillip
wow bro then he dies
shittest movie ever bro
also snakes attacked his bed
and his men wanted to go home
and he married a random pakistani
dude that was fucked bro
why couldnt he just kill the persians and die in happy like king leonidas of turkey who defeated 300 persians and won happy with no rape or pakistani rape
300 are good movie it more historiically accurate than alexandra the great what a weird dude also didnt he have sex with a lvl 2 goth warrior in his army dood what the hell!
>>
File: 24994219.png (89KB, 192x235px) Image search: [Google]
24994219.png
89KB, 192x235px
>>282679
dude i know right
that movie scared the shit out of me with all the greek rape in it
also what the fuck were those snakes doing, and why did they smell like fish through my grandma's 4D television set?!

dude!!
>>
File: 0210310230102.png (349KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
0210310230102.png
349KB, 1366x768px
>>282684
my favourite part was when shrek slayed donkey in a battleground
i cant believe alexander the great got hit by flying gazebo and died

it was sad when alexander the great was in electronic wheelchair before die, he fell over at kmart and nobody helped him up, not even prince agamendom of troy

poor alexander
>>
File: 21412414.jpg (41KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
21412414.jpg
41KB, 615x409px
>>282690
that was the worst part
>>
File: oblivion.png.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion.png.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>282679
>>282684
>>282690
The only thing you had remotely accurate was that Alexander was a huge pussy. He only called himself great to make up for being history's greatest kekold at the hand of his own self. I'd give it zero stars but that's a little mean, I'll go with one star for today. Total snore-fest.
>>
Arabia was nothing but desert and small tribes, it would take him a year tops
>>
>>279659
India
>>
>>282679
speaking of the movie, it had an excellent soundtrack
>>
File: 1445084398490.gif (2MB, 340x355px) Image search: [Google]
1445084398490.gif
2MB, 340x355px
Yo, was it true that he might've been gay? Conquering most of the known world by day, and getting his prostate tickled by night?
>>
>>283370
>Yo, was it true that he might've been gay? Conquering most of the known world by day, and getting his prostate tickled by night?

He was a Macedonian who subscribed to Greek values. Though homosexuality as a construct did not exist in ancient Greece, it was considered acceptable to bugger men so long as you weren't on the receiving end jeopardising your status as a free citizen. Only slaves and young boys should be f'd in the a. It's likely he fucked slaveboys at times.
>>
>>283370
>me on the right
>>
>>279572
Well this is just hypothetical but most people think that after he conquered Arabia he would have conquered Magna Graecia and then presumably Rome
>>
>>283342
He already tried and his troops said no. Also it's way more far from his center of power in Babylon, while Arabia is close specially by sea. Going to India is a bad movement.
>>
>>283388
Shit. The more you know. Thanks anon.

>>283405
Ironically, that's kind of how you're supposed get women to chase you, lol.
>>
>>279554
If he attempted to invade Arabia he would loose a lot of men to heat stroke, desertion and get assassinated by his own men.
>>
Not right away. His men were already homesick and itching to go back to Macedonia. Maybe at a later time in his reign.

The interesting question is if his empire was kept together how it would've interacted with the rising Roman Republic. If he lived to see his fifties he would've been alive for the Phyrrhic Wars. He or his immediate successor could've been the deciding factor in that. Or maybe he would've let Rome and Carthage tear themselves apart. Who knows.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.