[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the most benevolent ruler in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: Don-Pedro-II-Emperor-of-Brazil.jpg (85KB, 299x353px) Image search: [Google]
Don-Pedro-II-Emperor-of-Brazil.jpg
85KB, 299x353px
Who was the most benevolent ruler in history?
>>
The one in your pic, no doubt.
Literally gave everything for his country, encouraged free speech, national unity, ended slavery and was the most educated motherfucker on the western hemisphere.
>>
Lee Kuan Yew, obviously. Despite being authoritarian, he always had Singapore's interests in mind. His legacy speaks for itself.
>>
>>28174
>ended slavery
>ex-slaves can now work for wages
>ex-slaves can now buy things with their money
>the economy grows
>everyone benefits
Come again?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>28260
What was his most notable accomplishment?
>>
>>28174
fuck off to your containment board.
>>
He tried, bless him.
>>
>>28318
When he took office, Singapore was an irrelevant backwater faced with threats from communists and anarchists. He managed to transform the country in only a few decades largely through a pro-business stance, cracking down on corruption and regulating the unions.
>>
>>28347
>>28264
>MUH /pol/ boogeyman!
Are you both women?
Because I can sense only two brain neurons in your posts.
>>
>>28398

Why do communist ruin everything?
>>
File: Jigme_Singye_Wangchuck.jpg (98KB, 332x462px) Image search: [Google]
Jigme_Singye_Wangchuck.jpg
98KB, 332x462px
>>27878
The former King of Bhutan was pretty damn benevolent.

He gave up the near universal power he would hold as a monarch. He decentralised power and created a parliament and instead of following the concept of GDP, Bhutan has a GNH - Gross National Happiness concept. It means that a nations worth is not to be measured in only economic power, but in the well-being of its citizens. He built infrastructure, roads, he set out to preserve and develop Bhutan's national and buddhist culture. He tried to eliminate poverty as best he could etc etc.

He later abdicated in favor of his son once he felt his work was done, but claimed no personal credit for all the developments made. Humble and caring. a modern buddha.
>>
>>27878
I just wish he had never let the republicans win.
>>
>>28456
Ok, explain why slavery is beneficial to a country's economy and society. We are waiting for you to enlighten us.
>>
>>28456
Why does every argument on this board has to turn into >muh /pol/ boogeyman vs. >>>/pol/.
Can we for once act like /pol/ never existed instead of using it as an argument?
>>
>>28496
>GNH - Gross National Happiness concept. It means that a nations worth is not to be measured in only economic power, but in the well-being of its citizens

That's retarded.
>>
>>28421
That isn't his most notable accomplishment, Communist China implemented a lot of his policies as well.
>>
>>28496
Didn't he create a Ministy of Happiness that evaluated every law too?
>>
>>28490
No patience. They want it all their way and they want it right now.
>>
>>28534

There is more to life than making profit to international corporations.
>>
>>28580
Gb2 /pol/ you filthy antisemite
>>
>>28496
Bhutan confirmed for most Aristotelian polis since the days of ancient Athens.
>>
>>28609

That was straight Occupy rhetoric, my friend.
>>
>>28551
Yes, but China is still corrupt as hell and riddled with poverty. Singapore doesn't have that on a comparable scale. It's the most developed nation in Asia, alongside Japan.
>>
>>28609
Thats not even a stereotypical /pol/ view at all. Holy fuck you reddit/tumblr cunts literally know nothing about that board at all.
>>
>>28667
are /pol/aks really this stupid
>>
>>28637
>>28667
He was being ironic, you autists. Holy shit, /pol/spergs are so easy to bait.
>>
>>28634
I'm not really against /pol/. I'm just against using it as an argument, like instead of having discussion we just go
>>>/t/umblr
>>>/pol/
>le /pol/ boogeyman
>fuck off sjw
>fuck off /pol/tard
>>
>>28496
This warms the cockles of my heart
What kind of upbringing does a man of this caliber have?
>>
>>28609
He didn't say anything about jews, mate
>>
>>28637
>>28698
>>28667
trolled softly
>>
File: rednex.jpg (36KB, 488x352px) Image search: [Google]
rednex.jpg
36KB, 488x352px
>>28634
>this whole post
>>
File: alexanderiiassassination.jpg (80KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
alexanderiiassassination.jpg
80KB, 1024x533px
>>28398
This. 13 March 1881 saddest day of my life. Stupid blanquism by bored bourgeoisie.
>>
>>28690
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>28807
I never said it wasn't, but next time you should have greater self-awareness to recognise such obvious bait.
>>
>>28398
Didn't he mow down his own impoverished civilians with machine guns? What a hero
>>
>>28849
It wasn't obvious bait, I've seen people parrot the same shitflinging replies based off their own stupidity. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you're just samefag trying to cover his own idiocy
>>
>>28864
Which incident would that be? I can only think of Bloody Sunday and that was under Nick the Stick.
>>
>>28880
>gets baited
>i-it wasn't bait, i've seen people do this before!!!
>it's a conspiracy!!!

Christ, you need to spend less time on 4chan. It's not good for your health. Does this smiley levitate the situation?
>>
>>28496
Yeah while furiously genociding the Nepalese minority.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Bhutan#Immigration_from_Nepal_and_India_.281959.E2.80.93present.29
>>
>>28174
Can you fuck off, stop giving polacks a worse reputation then we already have.
>>
File: Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg (136KB, 695x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg
136KB, 695x1041px
>>
>>29264
He's the King of Bhutan and the Bhutanese people, not the King of Nepal and India.
>>
>>28421
And made the country into something near to a dictatorship, even after prosperity had arrived to the country.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.