[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think/know about the history of maghreb? Carthage,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: carte_du_maghreb_2.jpg (19KB, 467x278px) Image search: [Google]
carte_du_maghreb_2.jpg
19KB, 467x278px
What do you think/know about the history of maghreb?
Carthage, moors-islamic empires, barbary pirats?

t. Curious Moroccan.
>>
Carthage was a fascinating counter-pole of Rome

After destruction of this city Maghreb became a periphery
>>
File: 250px-Almoravid_Empire.png (39KB, 250x411px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Almoravid_Empire.png
39KB, 250x411px
>>277291
Pretty sure that the moorish empire were as strong and influent as Carthage, if not more.
>>
File: 8a84bc577e-almohades.png (1MB, 1624x918px) Image search: [Google]
8a84bc577e-almohades.png
1MB, 1624x918px
My favorite dynasty, the Almohads.
>>
>>277302
I'm extremely dubious they controlled anything that far south.
>>
>>277320
The Almoravid are a saharian dynasty and they attacked Ghana, Niger, Senegal, Mali etc.

They're one of the main reason west africa is muslim IIRC.
>>
>>277302
>>277319
Always loved reading about Berbers and Moors. Was pretty fascinating, they remind me of the Arabic/North African version of the Normans, going into for off regions and making them their own.
>>
>>277348
Normans and Maghrebians were very good ennemies, the Normands fought them in Sicily and in North africa.

They even founded a kingdom in Africa that lasted few years!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Africa
>>
>>277320
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tondibi

Moroccans conquered the songhai empire and took important cities like Timbuktu and Gao but eventually had to leave because controlling territory over the sahara was a logistical nightmare
>>
>>277367
You're in the wrong timelaps buddy, the Almoravid conquest of central/west Africa is 500 years before this events.

A lot of things changed between this periods.
>>
I keep forgetting who was more extreme, Almoravids or Almohads
>>
>>277271
Ruined by Islam
>>
File: 1371431544091.jpg (26KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1371431544091.jpg
26KB, 251x201px
http://everything.explained.today/Roman-Moorish_kingdoms/
>>
One day King Sebastian will return from the Moroccan fields to restablish the Fifth Portuguese Empire.

It is known.
>>
>>277882
Found the butthurt pagan
>>
>>277320
They started that far south.
>>
>>277848
Both were integrist religious groups. When the almoravids grew decadent, the new extremists Almohads replaced them by force.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.