[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish Inquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

So I'm doing an essay on just how "fair" the trials of the Spanish/ Portuegese inquisitorial tribunals were and I just wondered your thoughts were on the matter /his/?
>>
>>277260
Inquisitors routinely brought in Jews, women, common folk and tortured them for confessions of heresy, witchcraft, or Jewery.

Then they killed them.
>>
>>277260
Not fair but much fairer than people think
The death toll was probably less than the common cold
>>
>>277309
And by "routinely killed", I assume you mean " killed 1250 people in 3 centuries". You're more likely to be shot by a toddler in the US than to die from the inquisition.
>>
File: NOBODY.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
NOBODY.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
Everything you know about it comes from Monty Python.
>>
>>277339
And when I say "not fair" I should say that they were much fairer than the secular trials at the time
The inquisition was pretty much started to prevent people from attacking Christianity, which people thought would unravel society
>>
>>277354
desu senpai simultaneously with Christianity falling apart in the west society does seem to be starting to unravel.
Correlation may not equal causation, but goddamn.
>>
Be a mad cunt, mention Torqumada was the son of a Jewish convert and question whether it's even remotely fair to blame all Christians for this one act of Jewish persecution.
>>
>>277346
>You're more likely to be shot by a toddler in the US than to die from the inquisition.

well duh the inquisition dosent exist anymore
>>
>>277309
do you think someone would do that
just go on the internet and tell lies
>>
>>277260
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/3qyw8y/how_exactly_did_the_papalmedieval_inquisition/cwjh6b6

inb4 >leddit
>>
>>277309
Sounds like American troops and the CIA
>>
>>277416
Inquisition was a type of organization created by Catholic church that was purposed to actively search for real or supposed enemies of Catholicism,Such unlimited power was bound to lead to extreme misdeeds, and created atmosphere of terror and mass denunciations where few would dare to confront Catholicism. In modern history, Stalinist era showtrials are a well known example of using same method.
>>
>>277418
Cheers boss this is actually pretty helpful
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.