[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does Evola get the basis of [traditional values]? Do we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1401539070299.jpg (10KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1401539070299.jpg
10KB, 271x288px
Where does Evola get the basis of [traditional values]? Do we assume we receive it from God or it's some other base source that I haven't read about?

I mean, I like what he's selling, but I have no idea where he's getting all these [traditional values] from.
>>
>>276033
His own brain, just like any philosopher.

I know for you relgiousfags it's hard to grasp this concept, but human beings can make up their own ideas without some imaginary influence from the skies.
>>
>>276049

buttmad atheshit spotted
>>
>>276049
>Implying I'm not an atheist.
>Implying the absence of an objective dispenser of value doesn't mean the shit Evola rails against has equal value to the values he espouses: zer0.

I get that he pre-packs a sample of these make-your-own values, but I don't find a compelling argument on why I should buy what he's selling other than I /like/ it.
>>
>>276072
There's no real ''compelling argument'' for any philsophy, you just agree with it depending on your morals and that's it.
>>
>>276078
Yeah but, why should we select these [traditional values] and not some other [values]?
>>
>>276101
I told you, it depends on your morals.
>>
>>276104
How is any of this transcendent or sacred then?
>>
>>276120
It's not.
Religion lol!
>>
>>276128
>It's not

But Evola said they are.
>>
>>276132
He was a religiousfag, he believed his morals and ideas were influenced by God or some other stupid shit like that.
Doesn't change the fact that you can agree with his philosophy if you want.
>>
>>276140
>From God

You could've said that in the first place instead of whining about religion. Though I'm an atheist too, I'm willing to accept that answer.
>>
>>276033

Rene Guenon and his own interpretation of a ton of different religious and esoteric texts. You can say what you will about has actual capabilities as a scholar, but he definitely read widely and had gone through most of the world's spiritual traditions in some detail.

Just read through his bibliographies, you'll find a very wide variety of texts. He basically has an idiosyncratic fusion of all of them mixed in with his own experience of esoteric practice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.