[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed that Lutherans hate way more Catholics than how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1374258773961.jpg (247KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
1374258773961.jpg
247KB, 524x468px
I noticed that Lutherans hate way more Catholics than how much Catholic hate Lutherans

why?

(I'm atheist btw)
>>
Success breeds jealousy
>>
Lutherans are just one of the hundreds of irrelevant protestant sects.
>>
I have noticed this too. I think it is because Protestant churches were born as a split of the Catholic church, so an attack against Catholicism is on their Genesis.
Some evangelical Protestant American wacky churches even go as far as to say the Pope is the Antichrist.
>>
>>273390
I meant protestants anyway
>>
>>273349
are you still stuck in the 1800s?

or

are you from north dakota or something?
>>
Mainline Lutherans (the ones okay with gay marriage and female clergy) don't hate Catholics, they just sort of don't like them.

Lutherans hated Catholics for a long time because, well, Luther did. He said the Pope was the Antichrist, ffs. The Catholic Church eventually anesthetized Luther, but I don't think they ever said he was the Antichrist.
>>
>>273452
>anesthetized
kek
I mean, anathematized.
>>
>>273349

I think in Northern Ireland, everyone hates everyone.

Besides the Protestant faith kind of shot itself in the foot by splitting into so many sub-divisions.
>>
>>273452
Modern relations between most protestant sects and Catholics is basically akin to two cousins who have their disagreements but don't mind having a reunion now and then and maybe get some coffee together to talk about the weather.
>>
>>273349
I think it's just cultural at this point. I grew up Lutheran in Wisconsin. We just kind of shit talk each other. I lived right by a Catholic church with a giant parking lot but could barely use it because those fucks have church like every night.
>>
>>273518
>Modern relations between most protestant sects and Catholics.......

really? most protestant sects believe in real presence in the Eucharist? because if they don't that seems kinda a big difference to me
>>
>>273528
Catholics have masses everyday (even if most of the people go to church only on Sunday)
>>
Because that's the entire point of Lutherans? That's what it literally is, the religion of being butthurt at Catholicism.
>>
>>273518
Mainline Protestants, yeah. But not fundamentalist ones. But since Mainline Protestants are liberal as hell, it hardly counts, because they try to be chummy with every religion.
>>
>>273532
You're saying you couldn't have occasional friendly contact with a cousin of yours who has a different belief about transubstantiation than you do?
>>
>>273580
I read your post mistakenly sorry
>>
>>273593
He's not me but basically that's the same point I was going to make. Most mainline prot groups and Catholics aren't really antagonistic.
>>
>>273349
Protestants all think Catholics are heretic demon worshippers. I grew up Catholic.
I was once asked if I jump over broomsticks and chant weird stuff on church. Also met a Protestant who thought King James wrote the bible because God told him to lol. Also told me I was a heretic. I never got into those kind of discussions though, I always figured it was ultimately up to God, and we as humans just have to do the best we can with what we know.
>>
>>273563
>Because that's the entire point of Lutherans?

It's mostly about returning to true christian faith instead of being corrupt pedophiles.
>>
>>273845
Which brand of Lutheranism is the true Christian faith? The Mainline one, or the Fundamentalist one?
>>
Catholics get a bad rap in Protestant countries since we grow up hearing how they're all baby eating, baby raping greedy cultists who would rather worship a man (the pope) than the words of god (the bible).
>>
>>273845
so why you protestants didn't become orthodox instead of building a new religion from nothing?
>>
If the Catholic Church was not worth having the Protestant churches wouldn't exist.

There's some fundamental bitterness about having to be many little churches instead of just one unified one. I'd say the Catholic Church was to blame for the original east west schism too.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.