[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: German_Empire_1000.jpg (317KB, 940x752px) Image search: [Google]
German_Empire_1000.jpg
317KB, 940x752px
What went wrong?
>>
>>26185
Nothing
>>
>>26185
An idiot inherited the throne. The ultimate flaw of hereditary monarchy.
>>
Wilhelm II.
>>
File: XD134841.jpg (52KB, 328x512px) Image search: [Google]
XD134841.jpg
52KB, 328x512px
A benevolent but clueless hereditary monarch influencing government and foreign policy

An interview with the daily telegraph

>Wilhelm had seen the interview as an opportunity to promote his views and ideas on Anglo-German friendship, but due to his emotional outbursts during the course of the interview, he ended up further alienating not only the British, but also the French, Russians, and Japanese. He implied, among other things, that the Germans cared nothing for the British; that the French and Russians had attempted to incite Germany to intervene in the Second Boer War; and that the German naval buildup was targeted against the Japanese, not Britain
>>
File: s.png (354KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
354KB, 500x565px
>>26185
>>
Bismarck in his final years
>>
File: 1404423368509.jpg (17KB, 295x360px) Image search: [Google]
1404423368509.jpg
17KB, 295x360px
>>26223
>>26236
>>
Going full retard and waging wars
>>
The blank cheque
>>
>>26185
Prussian autism culture ruined Germany
>>
GEEEEET OOOOOOOUT WITH YOUR STUPID GERMANY THREADS NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
POL
GET
OUT
NOW
YOU ARENT WELCOME HERE REEEEEEEE
>>
>>26223
>denies divine right
*tips proletariat cap*
>>
>>26185
It was full of Germans.
>>
File: 1381530139710.png (764KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1381530139710.png
764KB, 960x720px
although to be fair the german military junta is also to blame
>>
>>26490
>Let's ignore the most important historical events of the 19th and 20th century because I do not like my imagined associations of it with modern politics.

Get out, take your >>>/leftypol/ shit somewhere else.
>>
>>26185
>a united German nation existing at all disturbs the balance of power greatly
>Germans messing with colonies and navies disturbing British relations
>taking Alsace-Lorraine, regardless of how many Germans were in it, was a mistake as the French would never forget it
>surpassing the world in industry and science and military
>damning themselves through allying with a dying empire and keeping that alliance alive
>isolation from most other great powers
Willy II didn't exactly have a great chancellor like Willy I did, and Willy II also took charge and ruled by instinct
>>
>>28276
This guy knows what's up
Also the jingoism in German upper society might have been a large cause as well
>>
>>26185

It has a lot of -boos. Mostly Naziboos who are too afraid to claim to be Nazi.
>>
>>28358
So it's like Frenchboos who arefraid to openly be ga?
>>
>>28276
>damning themselves through allying with a dying empire and keeping that alliance alive

Did they have an other option though? France and England, as you already pointed out, were out of the picture for an alliance. Leaving only Russia and A-H as possible great power allies in Europe.
I guess not also allying with Russia was a mistake, but seeking allies where they could, is not a mistake in itself
>>
>>28464
You're right, my mistake. The bigger issue was the Germans not trying to get the Austrians to negotiate it more instead of giving them the blank check.

>>28358
but the German Empire is a legitimately good nation while the Third Reich is shit and started a war against actual good European powers instead of just trying to eradicate commies.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.