[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst President of the Past Century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: cretin.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
cretin.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
Can we all just agree it was JFK?

>almost destroyed entire planet in his crazed lust to see Castro dead
>worked with mob to gain power and used political sway to protect them
>lied about USSR military capabilities to beat Eisenhower in election
>ramped up Military Industrial Complex
>lost his ship in WWII, influential father (who happened to be Hitler supporter) saw to it that John would become "war hero"
>used CIA to commit assassinations throughout Central and South America
>racist and bigot who actually did fuck all for civil rights
>saw to it that the US would take over French imperialism in Indochina
>Kennedy administration used FBI to spy on political enemies
>birth of personality politics which has diluted our democratic system ever since

As far as I'm concerned, his death wasn't quick nor painful enough.
>>
nope, reagan desu
>>
>>24370
This gets my vote as well
>>
>>24370
>>24394

Reagan was bad but he didn't almost wipe out you and everyone you've ever known.
>>
FDR, LBJ, Reagan, H.W., Clinton
>>
worst prez? woodrow wilson

most evil? lbj
>>
>>24350
He sounds pretty based despite some of what you said.
>>
>>24438

>implying FDR wasn't completely based

>>24459

Why LBJ? What did he do that was so wrong compared to his predecessor?
>>
>>24480

In what possible way? He was a monster and a mobster.
>>
>>24350
>worked with mob to gain power and used poltical sway to protect them
After he became pres, he used Bobby has his bloodhound attorney general to hunt down the Mafia. That's why there may have been a motive for him to be killed.
>saw to it that the US would take over French imperialism in Indochina
He made the wrong call with allowing Diem to be assassinated. Otherwise, it wouldn't have turned out so bad. After all, Eisenhower supported the man.

For me, he's a very divisive guy because he tried to take back the federal government's power to print money. On the other hand, besides the points you listed he was a sex-crazed addict who actually backed down to Khruschev not the other way around.
>>
You are all wrong, worst of last century goes either to Harding or Coolidge
>>
>>24488
FDR was soft on Stalin.
>>
>>24558
>Coolidge

But that's wrong.
>>
>>24350
SHOW ME TAFF
>>
>>24556

>actually backed down to Khruschev not the other way around.

Okay, you're going to have to provide a source for that.

JFK took a huge risk with the Cuban Missile Crisis (his advisers estimated his course of action had a 60% chance of nuclear war), it was the Soviets which responsibly gave in.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ENqiQY5V4ooC&pg=PA143&lpg=PA143&dq=jfk+khrushchev+chomsky&source=bl&ots=csUdHDHuZF&sig=OF_GR2-nmyEa25Edo2yLQ8nhXBQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CEYQ6AEwBWoVChMInIvVjOruyAIVwbgUCh0vewMj#v=onepage&q=jfk%20khrushchev%20chomsky&f=false
>>
File: DogBear.jpg (57KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
DogBear.jpg
57KB, 640x467px
>>24572

That's it? I don't know if you noticed but the Allies would've been pretty fucked without Stalin's war efforts.
>>
>>24556
>sex-crazed addict
You say it like it is a bad thing
>>
>>24350
Nixon or FDR (FDR based purely on the long term implications/effects he had cause the short term effects were almost universally good). JFK didn't last long enough to be the worst, had he stayed longer he probably would be universally considered the worst, but his time was cut short
>>
Worst president was clearly William Henry Harrison
>>
>>24747
It pretty much was.

Dude never satisfied any ladies and never really seemed to enjoy it either.
I'd say it's impressive he managed to get so much much tail, but when you're the president of the united states, it's not exactly a bragging point anymore.
>>
worst president is the one who didn't let patton nuke the soviets desu
>>
>>24774

>Nixon or FDR (FDR based purely on the long term implications/effects he had cause the short term effects were almost universally good)

Example?
>>
>>24405
I heard he did some dumb shit in 1983 that had the Russians really scared and prepared to launch a preemptive strike
>>
>people forgetting this isn't /americanhis/ and that other countries have presidents
>>
>>24350
No. JFK tried his best, but he just didn't have it in him to take down Wilson.

He will always be remembered as the best. A shining pillar of what every shitlord wishes they could be, but can never match.
>>
File: 1446237748386.png (819KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
1446237748386.png
819KB, 500x557px
>>24880

well then it would be Hitler if we are doing head of government
>>
File: ap_bernie-sanders_ap-photo5.jpg (760KB, 3906x2604px) Image search: [Google]
ap_bernie-sanders_ap-photo5.jpg
760KB, 3906x2604px
>>24880

>wanting to talk about anything unrelated to the Rome of our day

>>24907

>trying his best

Granted, he did pretty well massacring those Vietnamese.
>>
>>24839
Not that Anon, but didn't he set the president for the government aggressively expanding in size and departments leading to and eventual metric fucktonne of bureaucracy and tangled laws.

Also I think he gave the orders for the founding of the NSA and its legal exemptions which at the time wasn't much, but now...
>>
>>24880
Then create a thread based around whatever country's past presidents you like.

And when it is completely ignored cause no one gives a shit about your country and its boring history don't come here and bitch about it.
>>
>>24936
Oh yeah. I gotta hand it to JFK. He was extremely game. He gave it his all.

But Woodrow Wilson was like the Michael Jordan of being an asshole. We shall never be graced by another like him.
>>
>>25145

FDR initiated the birth of the intelligence services because he needed to. Up until that point the US had no way of countering covert Nazi plots.

>>25265

Wilson was a megacunt, to be sure. Completely poisoned what it meant to be a Liberal.
>>
>>25316
Well yeah that Anon said that FDR's downsides were based off there long term effect they are having now not what they did while he was in office.
>>
>>25316
Nah. "Liberal" and for that matter "conservative" as we now know them are both attempts to unfuck the concept of "progressivism" after Wilson murdered it and raped it's corpse.
>>
>>24350
>implying if he had succeeded in killing Castro the Cuban Missile Crisis would have ever happened
>implying he ran against Eisenhower
>implying having the CIA assassinate communists is bad
>implying he wasn't a war hero
>>
File: You-Erd-Me.jpg (21KB, 320x268px) Image search: [Google]
You-Erd-Me.jpg
21KB, 320x268px
>>25969

>implying JFK had any right to kill Castro
>implying he didn't succeed Eisenhower
>implying Vietnamese freedom fighters were all communist
>implying JFK didn't even admit he wasn't legitimately a war hero
>implying you shouldn't be on /pol/ right now
>>
>>24655
Read The Politics of Deception. It's by a Pulitzer-prize winner.
>>
>>24655
After the Cuban Missile Crisis the USSR had gained an untouchable ally in the USA's backyard and they got NATO's nukes taken out of Turkey and Italy. What the hell did Kennedy get out of it? Nukes weren't put in Cuba but they weren't there in the first place. USSR made moderate gains while the US simply got to survive. The USSR came out on top with Cuba.
>>
>>26095
>implying communist dictators have any right to live
>implying you can shift attention from the fact that you didn't even know who was in the election of 1960
>implying Ho Chi Minh loved Jefferson maymay
>implying false humility with no quotation given
>implying that misusing that comment isn't going to wreck this board before it starts
>>
>>26142

That book both confirms that Khrushchev backed down - as I said - and was written by a slobbering Kennedy fanboy. Not impressed (certainly not the Pulitzer connection).

>>26199

Your sort is what's likely to wreck this board.
>>
>>26301
I'm not sure we read the same book...
>>
>>26422

http://www.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-politics-of-deception-by-patrick-j-sloyan-1424218590

>In his account of the crisis, however, Mr. Sloyan embraces the myth that the secret deal was crucial to its resolution. He even asserts that Nikita Khrushchev’s Cuban-missile ploy “was designed to remove the American threat in Turkey.” He provides no evidence for that assertion, aside from Khrushchev’s resentment at the NATO missiles’ proximity. Mr. Sloyan ignores evidence from the Kremlin archives showing that, before getting word of Kennedy’s promise to withdraw the Turkish missiles, Khrushchev had decided “we must retreat” and accept Kennedy’s offer of a U.S. pledge not to invade Cuba in return for removing the Soviet missiles. The secret promise, though wisely made, was unnecessary. Mr. Sloyan calls it “Kennedy’s finest moment as president.”

Try again.
>>
>>24803
No i meant it has nothing to do with his ability to be president. I mean no one cares if Bush smoke crack, Jefferson fucked his slaves, as long as if he gets shit done
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.