[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phantom Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: heribert illig.jpg (20KB, 408x306px) Image search: [Google]
heribert illig.jpg
20KB, 408x306px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis
>charlemagne never existed
>614–911 never happened
>HRE Otto III, Pope Sylvester II, Constantine VII just wanted to be at 1000
>it's 1718 right now
discuss
>>
This is /his/ not /Schiz/, >>>/x/
>>
Other cultures/civilizations kept time. You could look at Chinese records and match up dates/events that happened in Europe.

Not just Chinese either.
>>
>>21649
Its a pretty novel concept, although it does kind of cut out a lot of pretty big things and records from outside of there tend to conflict. That's really all I can drum up on it. Perhaps some scientific research could be put towards it with dating and so such.

Would be a kick in the fucking pants wouldn't it?
>>
>>21649
The idea that certain events or people were fabricated is absurd.
The idea that our timeline of world history and understanding of the sequence of events is off/skewed is reasonable.

Time is a bitch. Even now. Even for events in the past 40 years.

Are you aware that the number of seconds that have elapsed since 1970 depends on which legal jurisdiction you live in?

http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/epochtime.html

Try reading this without your brain melting:

http://seriot.ch/resources/talks_papers/20151022_time_and_computers_softshake.pdf
>>
File: howdy.jpg (3MB, 2443x3564px) Image search: [Google]
howdy.jpg
3MB, 2443x3564px
>>charlemagne never existed
who's this then m8?
>>
>>22041
something made of gold to ruse germanics
>>
File: EngelhardOdinStatueHannover.jpg (93KB, 583x480px) Image search: [Google]
EngelhardOdinStatueHannover.jpg
93KB, 583x480px
>>22041
>Odin never existed
who's this then m8?
>>
>>22091
wow, gold? that sounds like a valuable commodity indeed
>>
>>22041
A myth designed to lend legitimacy to the holy roman empire
>>
File: 1344439659687.jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
1344439659687.jpg
7KB, 188x268px
>>22041
>>
>>21649
If you read that article, it goes on to say how the hypothesis is disproven or at least made highly unlikely.
>>
>>22353
t. historical revisionist
>>
>>22353
Halley's comet and solar eclipses occur periodically
just subtract some multiple of 75 years for the comet
the period 614-911 is almost exactly a multiple of 75
eclipse cycles are pretty complicated and I'm no astrophysicist, so you win this round
>>
>>21649
what about carbon dating techniques, tree rings and astronomical events, wouldn't those have the power prove this theory wrong????
>>
dont coins attributed to Charlemagne, (supposedly fictional) and otto III/ other rules have correct dates linear from the begging of minting coins or something?

it would take huge amount of work to mint coins attributed to a fictional ruler (Charlemagne) in the first place
>>
>>22363
>t.

What does it stand for?
>>
>>24022
google it
>>
>>21649
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/f/image/1427/67/1427677150133.swf
>>
File: uk in a nutshell.png (373KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
uk in a nutshell.png
373KB, 710x545px
>>24443
>dat thing's spewin tahm, back inteh the univehse
every northern accent is like really kinky sex right into my ear holes
>>
>>23771

>wouldn't those have the power to prove this theory wrong????

You're forgetting the Jews anon.
>>
>>24209
I just tried, nothing relevant comes up
>>
>>24579
what are the jews doing?
>>
>>24685

You're asking the wrong question here friend.

What AREN'T the Jews doing?
>>
>>24022
Trevesin or some shit. Finnish word for regards

T. Lurks /int/
>>
>>24736
fine then, What AREN'T the Jews doing?
>>
>>21649
Those events happened. The scale to which time would be skewed in this situation (in your post) is unreasonable.

Cutting out 300 years is unreasonable and puts a strain just too large to handle on the shit that happened.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.