[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate history shows/books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What are some good alternate-history books/shows like pic related?

I started reading pic related, was a bit hard to follow at first but seemed interesting enough
>>
>>15535
turtledove?
>>
>>15727
I love turtledove.
>>
>>15762
read all the southern victory stuff, guns of the south, in the presence of mine enemies, and a couple other I don't remember
gonna try man with the iron heart after I finish rise and fall of the third reich
>>
Schindler's List
>>
>>15535
This is clearly a /lit/ topic

>>>/lit/
>>
>>15535
I signed up for an amazon prime trial just to run through this show real quick. Turns out they only post one fucking episode at a time. Like, what the fuck year do they think it is? Who in their right mind creates an online release-only show and doesn't put it all up at once. Fuck amazon and fuck this show
>>
>>15727
Any reccomendations to start with? Looking over seems really interesting, thanks anon.

>>15889
I thought I saw somewhere that all the eps were supposed to be up by sometime in november?
>>
>>16147
what time period appeals to you?
>>
>>15535
I started this book today, I'm enjoying so far.
But I can't think why the fuck the Nazis would drought the Mediterranean to build farms... this is not the original intentions of the Atlantropa.
But okay, whatever.
>>
>>16165
Post civil war to WWII, 1920-1980, Cold war era
>>
>>16311
try the southern victory series, it's about civil war to ww2 era
>>
>>15535

The Years of Rice and Salt should go without saying. Dat Buddhist cosmology and all.
>>
Fatherland
>>
>>16441
Basically, the Nazis win the war in Europe, and so its a "cold war" between US and Nazis, while places like UK, France etc are just puppet states of Nazi germany. Its a detective book mainly though
>>
>>15818
Yea, his whole southern victory series is what I've read by him. How few remain is my favorite tho, I like how he handled the mark twain parts. Also, are you talking about the rise and fall of the third Reich by William l shirer? That's a comfy history book.
>>
>>16846
ye
I'm in like mid 1933 so far
shit's great
>>
File: 60239107620760L.jpg (413KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60239107620760L.jpg
413KB, 666x1000px
I like Peter Tsouras's short story collections. They're written like history textbooks.
>>
>>16882
It really is. Its one of my favorites.
>>
>>17221
I find most alt-history books boring to read and downright bad sometimes in historical details, but the 1632 series is pretty good. Bonus points for not covering a (to me at least) overdone area like WW2.

There's also alternate history dot com for various stories about lots of potential what-ifs, though the quality varies, people cover the same few topics a lot there since the last time I checked, and most are unfinished of course. It does have one of my favorite Napoleonic victory stories however, mostly for focusing on the aftermaths of the war: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=90610

God I wish I knew a way to only see author posts on the site though.
>>
Theres a great set of alternate-history stories on http://alternatehistory.com/ take a look!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.