[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favourite historic accidents and ironies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: John_Sedgwick.png (265KB, 672x800px) Image search: [Google]
John_Sedgwick.png
265KB, 672x800px
>What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.

General Sedgwick's last words.
>>
Nice get
>>
>>10000

CHECKED
>>
>>10000
>Your favourite historic accidents and ironies
Hah.
>>
>>10000
Noice.
>>
File: smugfrog.png (59KB, 493x496px) Image search: [Google]
smugfrog.png
59KB, 493x496px
>>10000
The irony is that your thread is now derailed.
>>
The first quads on this board
>>
File: 1382997646748.jpg (15KB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
1382997646748.jpg
15KB, 380x300px
>>10000
>>
>>10000
>Your favourite historic accidents and ironies
My birth
>>
>>10190
Uh. No. No, that would be wrong.
>>
"The most serious loss that I and the regiment could have suffered befell just before we charged.

"O'Neill was strolling up and down in front of his men, smoking his cigarette, for he was inveterately addicted to the habit. He had a theory that an officer ought never to take cover - a theory which was, of course, wrong, though in a volunteer organization the officers should certainly expose themselves very fully, simply for the effect on the men; our regimental toast on the transport running, 'The officers; may the war last until each is killed, wounded, or promoted.'

As O'Neill moved to and fro, his men begged him to lie down, and one of the sergeants said, 'Captain, a bullet is sure to hit you.' O'Neill took his cigarette out of his mouth, and blowing out a cloud of smoke laughed and said, 'Sergeant, the Spanish bullet isn't made that will kill me.' A little later he discussed for a moment with one of the regular officers the direction from which the Spanish fire was coming. As he turned on his heel a bullet struck him in the mouth and came out at the back of his head; so that even before he fell his wild and gallant soul had gone out into the darkness."

--- Teddy Roosevelt, in one of his many stories about his time during the Spanish-American War
>>
>>10190
Lol you fucking retard what about 1111, 2222, etc
>>
>>10190
Retard
>>
File: file.png (216KB, 340x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
216KB, 340x400px
"Heat is rising in the capsule..."

Probably not his last words, but close enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_m7onLw74
>>
>>10440
Is he the guy that asked for an open casket funeral so people would see how he died because he was betrayed by his government ?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.