[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you deliver the client the .psd and the finished image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: who is that frog.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
who is that frog.png
11KB, 411x387px
Should you deliver the client the .psd and the finished image in .png, or just the .png?

What is the usual thing to do?
>>
>>318011
it depends of the design.
if its a logo usually; favicon, high res transparent png, small png, jpg, b&w, pdf, eps, svg, ai or psd, and sometimes an app icon and mockups.
>>
>>318012
Thanks broski.

What if it is not a logo? They client already provided the logo and you had to make an image with it? Like a profile picture, or a banner, or a presentation card, or something along those lines?
>>
>>318013
then look for the banner size and provide it with a couple of sizes and include the psd as well (once it's approved). I most of the times send different versions with small changes for example one with a dark background and one with a white one or different photos or even fonts, just don't send more than 3 options,

by presentation card you mean business card? that's usually a cmyk pdf with a 3mm bleed (search on yt for tutorials there's a couple of things you'll need to do like the dpi,size and artboards etc)
>>
>>318020
Yeah, I have been doing that. Sending 3 variations for him to choose.

That's what I meant,a business card!. I am going to make the design and send it to a printing shop and they'll take care of the rest I guess.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>318011
psd, aep and prproj files shouldn't be shared with the client.
some clients will insist on getting them. unless it's an exceptional case, provide them with lossless formats of your end result but keep your source projects for yourself
>>
File: 1413057297890.png (26KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1413057297890.png
26KB, 396x400px
>>318020
>>318026
An opposite idea appears!

So, it is up to you after all?
I am guessing that the problem with giving your project files to the customer is that if they need anything further, instead of calling you, they will just ask their nephew who "knows a thing or two about computers."
>>
>>318027
>So, it is up to you after all?
>I am guessing that the problem with giving your project files to the customer is that if they need anything further, instead of calling you, they will just ask their nephew who "knows a thing or two about computers."
pretty much
I always state the formats I'll be delivering the final product in the invoice so there are no arguments further down the line.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.