[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big posters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Scan.jpg (2MB, 2438x2919px) Image search: [Google]
Scan.jpg
2MB, 2438x2919px
What is the most efficient way to make big posters? I hate working in BIG PSB files where it takes forever to get things done. I have this huge raster graphic at 300 dpi at the size of 72 x 96 inches which comes to 7.68 gb. It's very slow when I start using ps tools to the point it lags.

What is your method in doing this?

image not related.
>>
when you save drop a completely white flat layer on top so it doesn't generate a huge ass lossless preview image. photoshop does that. dunno.
>>
>>317627

That's good to know, but doesn't solve my problem.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>317626
>What is your method in doing this?
Get more RAM?
Go vectorial if the artwok lets you (like the ones that say california on your pic)
If it was video you could just make proxies but I don't know of anything similar for huge rasters
>>
>>317635

Do you think it's possible if I size this down to 12 x 18 inches at 300 dpi and made it into a smart object then take the smart object to the 72 x 96 and blow it up. Would the image lose quality?
>>
>>317639
it will lose quality unless you fully vectorize the artwork
>>
Buy RAM, anon. It will still lag a bit, but not unusably.

If your shit is easily segmented consider editing then compositing. You can also do mockups at a lower res and only work at full res when it's time to create a finished project, if you're pitching multiple options or value responsive brainstorming over not having to redo what you settle on.
>>
Work at half dpi and double size. If that's still to big, do that scale equation again. This is how massive things are printed out here in the real world.

Also remember that posters aren't viewed from a few inches away. You can get away with a loss of quality because you won't be looking at it from 12 inches away like a magazine.
>>
>>317663
hmm, but I would imagine that everything should be vectorized when working with that size, right? Otherwise you would need 8k resolution logos and elements?
>>
>>317705
This. 300dpi is not the go to resolution for banners that big. You can get away with waaaay less if you know what you're doing. Most people won't notice the difference between 300 and 30dpi from a few meters away. Unless you're expecting the intended target audience to really smack their faces into the banner to count how many grains of sand is there on your beach picture, you can get away with 75dpi, easily.

Tl.dr.: 300 dpi is a meme for large scale banners
>>
>>317705
This is more of a back drop for people to take pictures in front of. I don't want it to look like a shitty jpeg.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.