[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did rave promoters and designers make these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 3085625031_46c5636253_o.jpg (716KB, 787x1035px) Image search: [Google]
3085625031_46c5636253_o.jpg
716KB, 787x1035px
How did rave promoters and designers make these?
>>
>>
>>
>>
My theory would be they do a serigraph print of their design and then re-scan it, but I'm not sure at all.
>>
Screentone, stencil, hand-illustration, and heavy application of physical photographic filters. The patterns in the first image, say, were all physically cut from rub-on decal sheets printed with them.
>>
>>317548
for example, likely process:
cut out a photograph of eye
paste it to paper
draw a box around it
apply circular pattern tone over upper-left quadrant
photograph
apply premade tone crosshair to negative
print twice and paste to paper
cut four strips of light tone, apply over photographs
apply tone (or stencil, but you can see a bit of the tone pattern in EMPIRE still) lettering
photograph the whole thing
print from that film
>>
>>317561
and this shit, with the several-hours turnaround at every step and the complete restart if there was dust on the paper while applying the tone (or the ugly-ass blotch like to the right of the H in Portsmouth), explains a lot about why a $4,000 Macintosh and $1,000 for Photoshop or $2,000 for Letraset Color Studio, to work in black and white at fax resolutions, was considered an amazing step forward for design work.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.