[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative to Duik ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Hey guys, I saw how DUIK works here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCPZwbhWs_w to animate a character, however, I was wondering what other alternatives (Free) are out there, Could you suggest any?
>>
>>317021
duik pirated
>>
>>317021
>>317022
you guys know DUIK is free right?

Within AE, there's nothing that works as well as DUIK.
Toonz is really good and free but focused on a traditional animation workflow.
My other suggestion would be a pirated Spine or maybe even Adobe Animate (which I think is kind of bad but whatever)
>>
>>317021
If you have the creative cloud you could just get Adobe Character Animator. Its still in beta, but works really well with AE and is constantly updated.
>>
Duik and Mask Avenger, Maybe One called Buttons and Switches (I can't remember the name but it like that)

After Effects pisses me off, because it's got all this great shit, but you need plugins and wonky scripts to make things really happen.

I sometimes wonder if rigging a 2D character in Maya and just rendering in an orthographic view is easier.

I mean shit, you need a mod just to parents a mask point to a control object.

As someone who rigs in Maya, After Effects is a fucking headache to make a functioning complex rig. You need code for the littlest shit.
>>
>>317177
>parents a mask point to a control object
You are saying it as it was a common thing to want to do. The few scenarios I can think of where it would be useful is for patching shit up, not on a proper workflow.
And if there's really no expression for it, you can always track the mask movement onto a null object and use that.

>You need code for the littlest shit
You need to code (and CAN) if you wanna do weird ass shit, you don't need to code at all otherwise.
In my experience, 90% of people who work (and I mean real jobs) can't write a single expression.
99% of the times you can find a work-around without writing a single line of code.

>After Effects pisses me off
>I sometimes wonder if rigging a 2D character in Maya and just rendering in an orthographic view is easier.
>As someone who rigs in Maya
Why don't you try it then?
DUIK has it's problems and it gets really messy once you have lots of stuff on the screen.
I don't know the slightest shit bout maya, but if you find a nice, clean method for rigging 2d, hell, I'm interested
>>
>>317179
The show South Park is actually done in Maya. But those characters are very simple.

Actually you can rig a 2D character in Maya VERY easily, the problem is you won't get sexy vectorized illustrator assets easily. A lot of games use Unity or Maya to animate a "2D" character.

I think the main annoyance would be getting the assets into Maya or creating them in Maya. Ae can have a Illustrator files dropped and and get rolling with nice pure vector ready to go.

You can actually bring vector work in from Illustrator, but we are talking bringing in a single vector shape at a time, executing a command to fill it and maybe some hand tinkering to get it to render nice.

It would be nice to skip dealing with layers entirely.

Fuck I know a bit of Python and C# maybe I can get some kind of Ai to Maya plugin working.

If you wanted to get a show like Archer running in Maya, it'd be a real pain in the asshole.
>>
File: Chap 25.pdf (193KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Chap 25.pdf
193KB, 1x1px
Need this for /wsr/ ignore this post
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.