[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. i am a second year graphic design student and my school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1499818363873.jpg (209KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1499818363873.jpg
209KB, 1803x1351px
Hey guys. i am a second year graphic design student and my school requires a laptop so i can work on my projects in class.

I will be using this computer as my main machine. I plan to use most of adobe's programs such as indesign and photoshop.

I dont know what will benefit me most. A computer that is small and portable or a bigger computer that is heavier and more powerfull.

I do not live on campus so i would have to take this computer back and forth on public transport plus some walking everyday.

heres what i had in mind.

macbook pro 13 inch no touch bar ( i heard it performs better when compared to the touch bar version)

with 16 gb ram and 256 ssd 2.3 ghz dual core i5 processor

or the 15 inch mac book pro with

2.8 ghz quad core i7

dedicated radeon 555 graphics

16 gb ram , so basically the stock model of the 15 inch.

the price would be about 1700 with my student discount for the 13 inch vs 2250 for the 15 inch.

I want something that will last me the rest of my school career so about another 3 years. i dont want to have to worry about buying another computer though.

thanks in advance
>>
>>317011
/gd/ on a 13 inch screen seems like a bad idea.
also, design=mac was true in the early 90s but is nothing but a meme these days.
if you are a mac fanboy go for it, otherwise, save some money and get a better machine.
also, don't worry about the gpu, it's only useful for 3d rendering and you aren't gonna do that on a laptop in the first place
>>
>>317012
my school primarily teaches on macs though. they even said that it was up to us to figure out some of the bugs that might be apparent on windows and not macs.

also i have a 21.5 inch imac that is slow running adobe but it might be doable if i need a bigger screen.

what other computers should i look at?

so the gpu isnt important? i dont plan to play any games on the computer. i would just use it as an adobe machine
>>
>>317011
If you don't have to be portable or can work from the cloud and in labs on campus, get a desktop. More bang for your buck.

Apples are fine and dandy but are NOT a necessity. Really hoping this thread doesn't devolve into another OS flamewar.
>>
>>317016
the school requires a portable work station so i can use it in class.
>>
>>317018
Hope you have an external display, then. Like >>317012 said, any kind of design work on a 13 inch screen is fucking painful
>>
Well i work as a designer for over 15 years... you should think about two problems... you simply dont work on a notebook ... 13 inches are way to less to get a fealing for the real sizes. Dont buy a mac you just waste your money ... better search for a pc with two hdmi ports and two good screens for your home office (samsung) splitt screen is a must have.
>>
File: lenovo_thinkpad_x220t.jpg (46KB, 530x500px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo_thinkpad_x220t.jpg
46KB, 530x500px
listen to /g/ and get yourself a Thinkpad

the x200 series "Tablets" also have a graphics tablet integrated into the screen so it's worth a lot more than the actual price of around $200-$400
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.