[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

illustrator - curving gradients?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: zzz (11).jpg (72KB, 700x492px) Image search: [Google]
zzz (11).jpg
72KB, 700x492px
im remaking this image in illustrator and I cant find a way to bend the gradients in each segment of the polar grid, the gradients remain straight and don't align to the shape of the grid. is there a way to do it?
>>
File: straight gradients.png (86KB, 958x866px) Image search: [Google]
straight gradients.png
86KB, 958x866px
i get straight linear gradients
>>
>>316885
make the shape with only a stroke - go to gradient options - gradient along stroke - then expand
>>
File: ffff.png (548KB, 1871x1040px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.png
548KB, 1871x1040px
>>316891
ok, thanks, im a noob so its all trial and error, but its a step forward for me, so thanks, heres where im at so far >_<
>>
File: dddd.png (427KB, 919x645px) Image search: [Google]
dddd.png
427KB, 919x645px
>>316895
this time i made a polar grid with no radials just concentric rings, then i applied the gradient to the stroke, then i expanded, and ungrouped so each ring was seperate, then started with the centre ring and increased the stroke width on each ring working my way outwards... it doesnt feel like im doing it right but its getting there i think?
>>
>>316896
i feel like i shud be finding a way to make it like its made out of pizza slices instead of out of a gradient though? and then shifting each concentric part of it. illustrator is a headfuck
>>
>>316897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee-KDXEQytY
>>
>>316885
Add orange.
Also, yellow shouldn't merge with blue. Re-check the original gradient. It should be something like a pizza slice like you said.
>>
File: trippy 06.png (3MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
trippy 06.png
3MB, 1024x1024px
>>316919
i done it!!
>started with polar grid, made a copy of it
>cut out everything but the outer curved edge of a segment
>applied the gradient along stroke
> selected both original polar grid and new gradient line, rotated it 45 degrees and ctrl D'd it to get a complete outer ring outer ring
>deleted all the polar grids
>used transform effect scale it down and rotate it 22.5 degrees and scale stroke effects and make like 50 copies
>or something like that
>>
>>316969
>>
File: sffff.png (60KB, 976x897px) Image search: [Google]
sffff.png
60KB, 976x897px
>>316970
thanks for the help about using strokes
>>
>>316969
You're getting at it.
Now fix the blue to match the saturation of the original and also fix the aspect ratio of the image in Photoshop or similar and you're done.
Congratulations btw, nice work.
>>
>>316984
Also, circles should be thicker.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.