[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me if my system is possibly bottlenecking somewhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 345643634.jpg (155KB, 1625x905px) Image search: [Google]
345643634.jpg
155KB, 1625x905px
Can someone tell me if my system is possibly bottlenecking somewhere?

I am making a small 5 seconds animation using lots of 3D layers, lighting and animation in After Effects.
Pic related is a screenshot. All the people in the buildings have precomposed animations, the flames are precomposed aswell, yet when I render the whole scene it shows 5 hours of estimated rendertime? I work with AE a lot and expected this to take some time, but 5 hours seems excessive to me. Could someone who maybe works with after effects aswell give me his opinion?
My CPU and GPU aren't that bad either (i5-3750k and GTX 1070).
>>
>>316396
Aw shit I didn't mean precomposed I meant prerendert.
>>
>>316398
http://www.annenbergdl.org/tutorials/compress-video-for-the-web-with-media-encoder/
>>
>>316396
>>316398
those are a lot of 3dlayers so it's not surprising it takes a long time.
what format have you prerendered the animations? Quicktime based formats (such as h264) take some effort if you are on windows (since you have to run everything through qtserver before actually being able to work with it).
What about render settings? Do you have all ram allocated to it?
Try rendering with mercury playback only (might seem counter intuitive to take the gpu out but usually solves a lot of problems).
Make sure your "windows" renders don't interact with lights, you will keep the shadows as long as the backgrounds accept lights and is a lot less to calculate.

Good luck OP, that looks really nice
>>
>>316454
I am rendering through ME already, but thanks
>>316474
Found the problem, somehow it changed the allocated RAM from 24gb back down to 4gb.
Turned the rendertime down to 40 minutes. Definitely managable durations now.
Thank you
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.