[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get back into design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170730_011538.jpg (74KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_011538.jpg
74KB, 700x700px
I graduated college in UX design and had a contract job. After that was up I let a resume gap happen, and was too idealistic with what job I wanted. Anyway, I've been an EMT for the last 3 years, and I'm getting sick of it.

My question is, is 3 years too long a gap? What should I tell employers.

tldr: idealistic 20 yo out of design field for 3 years. plz help
>>
Just tell them you went to explore other career options. Being an EMT is an admirable thing, it's not like you were just fucking around couch surfing for 3 years.

Before you start applying, take a few weeks to brush up your portfolio. Honestly, as a legit UX designer you have way more opportunities than any of the pixel-pushers here.
>>
>>315904
I just want to be clear that you actually have a diploma on it from an accredited university that says B.A. UX Design?
>>
>>315950
Well it's a B.S. in interaction design, everything was just building interfaces for iPads, online applications and shit like that
>>
s
>>
>>315904
Simply tell them they are not thinking outside the box. Tell them you don't believe in workforce dogma. Tell them this is the new age. People switch careers like they switch their underpants. Pretend to not care about the job while at the same time pretend to care about the bigger picture. Just think... what would Steve Jobs do? What would any of your favorite most inspiring role models do? Imitate that. Be confident since most of the role moles you adore usually have your belief system. Be confident as fuck. Like... be comfortable being uncomfortable.
>>
>>316268
Fuck me, that was actually my thought process. "Hurr I don't want to work for big brands, I want to help people. Marketing is ebil."
I'll try that. I'm thinking about fucking with HR when they call. I've got a job so I don't have to be a desperate worm. Maybe they'll think I stand out and hire me
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.