[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

#333 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 333 header smashcast.png (41KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
333 header smashcast.png
41KB, 800x595px
>What is this?
There's a tournament called the 4CC (Four Chan Cup, other variations of the name are spamfiltered so watch out), which has AI versions of each 4chan board compete in simulated football (soccer) matches. The teams themselves are representations of each individual board's culture. /gd/ is one of the teams competing in it.

/gd/ is one of the boards renown for having a small, but loyal following. We already have a few posters over at the /vg/ thread, however we always try to keep the actual board informed and involved, as well as alert any new people to the concept of the cup, cause it's just fun times and they might like it.

>I'm not interested / fuck off with this thread / this isn't /gd/ / etc
If you're not interested, that's perfectly fine. The cup itself isn't a real e-sports event and is just something done between friends that people can be a part of. Threads on /gd/ related to the cup will always be called "#333 thread" in that exact spelling fashion, so just add that to your spam filter and they'll never show up again.

>I'm interested
Links to the channel where the games are streamed live is in the OP image along with the dates for the games which you can find in the link below:
http://implyingrigged.info/wiki/2017_4chan_Summer_Cup#Group_H

>Recent events
/gd/ finish Winter once again at 6th place, tying their previous record of the Winter before.
Summer begins Friday 28th July, with /gd/'s first match being starting on the 29th, looking to finally make this the cup where they get past that Quarter-Final stage that haunts them so much.
>>
We're also looking for a new manager to step up after this cup, either to assist or complete replace our current one.
Help will be provided to anyone interested, requirements are obviously to be a /gd/ browser and owning a PC able to run PES or it's Editors.
If you are interested, hit up the current manager on Skype: basedsmugleaf or Discord: Smuggles#1197

/gd/'s first match is against /g/ and starts in about 3 hours, here's to a good cup campaign this season!
>>
File: 4ccwordartlogo.png (4MB, 5363x3904px) Image search: [Google]
4ccwordartlogo.png
4MB, 5363x3904px
>>315864
Here's your (you)

As I said before I'm kinda interested in it, but until the PES 18 system requirements drop I'm gonna say I probably can't run it.

Also there may/hopefully be someone more invested in /gd/ around, of which I only occasionally check (it's /gd/).

Ironically if /gd/ gets regulated I could be pretty confident in doing it since I know I can run 17 in the fall. That said don't TRY to get regulated!
>>
>>315867
Normally I make these threads a week in advance because the board is slow damn slow, so I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot of people turn up today but whatever, the offer is still at the top of the thread for any latecomers

And yeah, I'll wait until the end of the cup to see if there are any more responses, it's not like there's only one position up for grabs anyway, hell the whole board could manage if they wanted to heh
>>
Well that sucked
>>
Buamp for gameday
>>
We're up now
>>
Fuck
>>
rip
>>
For anyone unaware or late arriving, we've been relegated for the first time in over 2 years.

/gd/ were relegated due to sheer negligence, which is the reason I'm resigning as /gd/ manager.
Our export is identical to Winter with just one medal switch, all down to me not having enough time/interest to create polls or properly test, hell we nearly ended up an autopilot team if it wasn't for me getting out of work early on the deadline day.
I'm not Art, so I'll still be around until Sunday to 'manage'.

But back to the point, the team deserves better, so if there is anyone here that browses the board, please message me if you're interested in managing that means you too,
Incoming.
Because of the way life has taken it's path, I no longer find myself visiting /gd/ the past few months, so while I will help out getting any new manager set up, I won't be a co-manager. I'd rather leave the team now than end up a merc, despite the board always having a place in my heart.

It's been an amazing ride, thanks for all the experiences we've been through. Shame it ended like this but I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest.

I send out apologies to all our fans and anyone who enjoys watching the team for me being complete arse this cup, but here's to Autumn!
>>
>>316275
Just beat /co/ for Christ's sake.
>>
Final day action: Will we beat co, and if not, will we beat trash?
>>
>>316389
Fuck yeah we can do this
Kerning where you been all cup
>>
Let's go, have fun
>>
Go for it mang.
>>
What happened this cup
>>
where did it all go wrong
>>
>>316414
Memed too hard, also not enough.
>>
About fucking time
Of course it's Helvetica
>>
:3
>>
>>316275
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=evBLBwbYiqQ
we had some good times together
F
>>
>>316275
>>316419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBLBwbYiqQ
>>
lel that game
>>
File: Gd_logo.png (52KB, 366x599px) Image search: [Google]
Gd_logo.png
52KB, 366x599px
So grats to Smug Leafman to defeating the /co/ menace. This dude's been doing it for years so give him your claps if you haven't already. Almost everything you love about this team rests on his shoulders.

I'll be running the /gd/ train come fall. I also run a somewhat thematically related team on the /vg/ league, /agdg/ (amateur game dev). So don't worry, I'm not trash! Not completely! Experience!

If you actually browse /gd/ be on the lookout for a few polls and other hot takes coming up! Don't worry, no one iconic will be under threat of getting sacked, just want to feel out if anyone wants some new faces. /gd/ is extremely iconic in the cup, but at the same time it hasn't changed much in years (because it's already so damn pleasing to look at for the most part). It's time to redesign.

>But what if I miss the thread?
If you visit /gd/ even once a fortnight you'll see it! It's /gd/! Look out for the #333 thread tag, or the GD logo design

Looking forward to giving this legacy a little refresh, and touching up those rough edges for the new age. The small boards will rise again!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.