[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which distribution has the best logo? No need to say the worst,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: distros-1024x768.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
distros-1024x768.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
Which distribution has the best logo?

No need to say the worst, we know it's gentoo
>>
>>314338
I'm a sucker for slackware. I don't know if it's that 90's hacker vibe or that I really like the name (thanks church of the subgenius).
Arch looks really neat on teminal

>No need to say the worst, we know it's gentoo
idk man, kali is pretty cringey

>elementary logo and general branding is stylish in kind of a numale hipster way
maybe because elementary is pretty much mac?
>>
They're all shit.
>>
>>314338
Debian by far. It's not the greatest logo I've seen, at all, but it's the most memorable of the Linux distros.
>>
File: logo.png (42KB, 2178x513px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
42KB, 2178x513px
>>314338
The choice is obvious.
>>
debian
>>
Ubuntu (the new one), they even created their own typography. Despite thousands of subhuman Indians stole the concept to make a few bucks on 99designs the original concept was fresh.
>>
>>314338

sammy here, debian a best
>>
>>314338
tumbr
>>
That fucking penguin logo is stupid. Doesn't even look like a logo it looks more like just a cartoon character or mascot.
>>
Manjaro is pretty cool, too. Simplistic.
>>
Kubuntu
>>
i think the best is the centOS one because it remembers me to the silicon graphics logo
>>
SUSE. The gecko is cute
>>
>>314338
Best
>ubuntu
looks like three people holding hands
adds to the idea of the project being a shared one

>>316441
no, the gears change the ubuntu logo such that it loses it's former meaning

>redhat
simple, pops, black n red, central almost square overall shape

>freeBSD
although I don't like glossy, glamorous, shiny, gradient logos
this one is pretty good, but it doesn't feel like it means anything
it doesn't represent something inherent about the OS, or does it
also nice font

>fedora
simple, geometric, balanced, also squareish overal shape, neutral colors, maybe a bit too cold and dark, bit too facebooky
Worst
almost all, especially:
>gentoo
>CentOS
>OpenBSD
>DSL
>openSUSE
>yellow dog
>KNOPPIX
>PCLinuxOS
>open source
>slackware
>the penguin, it has a name but I forgot
>>
>>317315
>freeBSD
>it doesn't represent something inherent about the OS, or does it

the freebsd angle is "serious unix server for serious work", and instances of software that are called "services" on windows are called "daemons" on unix

so basically, it's just the 2004isms keeping it out of top tier
>>
>best
Fedora
Arch
Ubuntu
Debian
Elementary
Feren
>>
>Debian
Always gets me wet
>>
>>314338
Debian, but Fedora also is nice too.
>>
Slackware is aesthetic.
Debian makes me wet, is memorable and super simple.
Ubuntu is not spectacular but it's also simple and memorable, even has a colour identiry.
>>
>>314338
I like the colors used in PC Linux OS, and I like the blue version of the sabayon logo. Its a nice nod to the Linux penguin logo.

Favorite though is Manjaro. I'm a sucker for that knock off NIN art.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.