[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: rvrvrvre.png (140KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
rvrvrvre.png
140KB, 1000x1500px
I'm working on this for a client, what do you think?

Post inspo and your work
>>
>>314184
this

also, contrast is too low, will probably not be noticeable on print. do something nice with variable intensity where a lot of points are together
>>
>>314186
Printshop guy here- absolutely spot-on. It'd look like garbage. But a fun remedy, if you're fine spending a little extra for offset plate (versus digital), would be glossy spot varnish...
>>
>>314190
Each dot glossed up. Catches the light, would be eye catching, even if you don't up the contrasts appropriately.
>>
File: ácopia.png (174KB, 420x678px) Image search: [Google]
ácopia.png
174KB, 420x678px
Maybe more fun?
>>
>>314335
is that avocado?
>>
>>314335
absolute trash
>>
>>
>>314710
at least its not a vertical card
>>
>>314990
i thought i created depth with the transparency levels, serious fonts kinda looked silly so I went with the silliest one I had
>>
File: mockups-dark1blur.jpg (245KB, 1400x792px) Image search: [Google]
mockups-dark1blur.jpg
245KB, 1400x792px
My business cards, mocked up with Cinema 4D
>>
Get 12 professional business cards here https://crmrkt.com/DEWdg
>>
>>315069
wow thats completely unneccessary
>>
>>315069
What is the reason behind the shape pattern? Seems pretty random and out of place, to me anyway.

Either way, nice design.
>>
>>315129
Of course, I mean I could use the same free mockups as everyone else, or I could go the extra mile and spend a few hours creating my own scene that reflects the overall themes and aesthetic of the identity I created. Maybe if you saw the full project you'd understand it better. It's not really that uncommon, see: http://www.yambo.me/2017-rebranding

>>315136
I did a lot of research of high-profile creative studios and freelancers and found that the best ones, the ones featured on things like Behance and Instagram inspiration pages, all had a visual system behind them and not just a logo and generic business card. I wanted to improve my portfolio and my branding was out of date so I figured why not do it for my own branding instead of creating a fake project or waiting for a client that needs it.

The pattern is based on shapes extracted from the logo, and is applied to things like my stationery, profile photos, and I also created my own graphics in Cinema 4D for my website's hero images and social media cover photos based on the same shapes and ideas.

If you're interested in seeing the full project you can check it out here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/54863431/Personal-Identity-Redesign-2017
>>
>>315137
>http://www.yambo.me/2017-rebranding
You need to compress those fucking pictures. They take forever to load.
>>
>>315137
Can you show exactly how these shapes came to be? I can only see where the curved line thing came from, and maybe the half circle, sort of.
>>
.>>315140
That's not my website.. I was showing an example of others using C4D to create an environment to mockup their stationery and create a mood

>>315142
They aren't exact extractions from the logo, but simplified versions of shapes I extracted.

I started with the exact shapes, explored a lot of different ways of creating patterns with them, then decided it wasn't looking the way I intended it to and simplified them down to just 4 shapes that still relate back to the logo visually and in it's symbolism

Parallelogram is from the diagonal slice in the logo, it follows the same angle (bottom left to top right)

Curved line is from the bottom of the b

Half circle represents the two sides of the b's bowl

The square is the least obvious I suppose, it just comes from the squareness of the left side of the logo, I needed a shape to balance the two curved shapes. Maybe I'm reaching a bit with that one, I don't know.

Here's a quick screenshot of my AI file with the original shapes and a couple of the pattern explorations
>>
File: 1485243144348.jpg (92KB, 400x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485243144348.jpg
92KB, 400x475px
>>315137
I think he means paying for another side to be printed on a business card might be a little excessive.
>>
uhhh
>>
>>315069
is that apercu?
>>
>>315807
If you're talking about the font Apercu then no, I used Brandon Grotesque and Proxima Nova in my branding.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.