[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is minimalism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: scrotmin.png (140KB, 862x680px) Image search: [Google]
scrotmin.png
140KB, 862x680px
If I was your client, and I came up to you and said, "I want a logo that's minimal," what would you do?

What the hell even is minimalism, anyway?

Is it just anything that's not skeuomorphic? Does minimalism encompass superflat? Because it seems like, in the /gd/ world, superflat IS minimalism. I'm an outsider, though.

If you were to ask an engineer what minimalism is to them, in terms of aesthetics, what would they say? Or a webdesigner? Are vectors of anime girls on /wg/ considered minimalism?
>>
>>314118
That's the challenge of design. You have to figure out what the client really wants.
>>
Base it on this, if you think an idea is too complicated it probably is. Don't use crazy abstract type faces, don't use an excessive amount of color, dont try to draw something complex for the icon (if there is even an icon at all and it's not just text based)

If you get stuck, use google for inspiration. Don't over think, you'll be fine.
>>
>>314118
>If I was your client, and I came up to you and said, "I want a logo that's minimal," what would you do?
ask more questions instead of relying on some subjective phrase
>>
>>314118
Minimalism in graphics terms means simple, clear, and iconic.

As in, the McDonalds logo is minimalistic whereas Burger Kings is not.
>>
>>314118
>What the hell even is minimalism, anyway?
Not /gd/ related but I like Brian Eno's take on it
>https://youtu.be/ZWUlLHv7-64
It was all about being non-intrusive, music you could ignore for a long time, sudenly realize it's there, think it's neat and forget about it again
>paraphrasing as fuck

recommending point 5 from picrelated since it's relevant
>would greentextit but that would spoil it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.