[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New here. I don't understand, most of the logos I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: yNlQWRM_d.jpg (86KB, 640x745px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM_d.jpg
86KB, 640x745px
New here.
I don't understand, most of the logos I've seen posted are crap. Like "my nephew knows Photoshop" type of bad. But then I read the comments and as brutal as they may be they're pretty well formed critics. there's obviously people who know design on here, so why isn't there more good design posted?
>>
Because just like how you can see some of the shit is bad yet don't have any design skills of your own, many people here are more critics than creators.
>>
>>311861
>posting your work on 4chan
>>
>>311869
Why you trying to say I have no design skills if you dont know anything I've posted..
>>
>>311861
It's easy to criticize, it's harder to create
>>
File: Leaf logo.png (576KB, 2880x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf logo.png
576KB, 2880x1596px
I believe i am a good designer.
I have been a designer for 7 years.
I entered this thread today for the first time.
and posted what i do for critique today for the first time.

From my point of view
good designers dont post much stuff anywhere
they have friends and colleagues in the business as well and if they want critiques, they will go to them, not some random people online.

i posted today based on curiosity

thats what i think.

PS: the image is the logo i posted today.
>>
>>311882
This.

Btw- your piece is lovely. It's not my personal taste, as I think the uppercase L is too heavy. Could you try it with a lighter L?
>>
>>311884
i made a few versions beforehand where the L was smaller.
But i ended up loosing the square shape - that i really wanted.

I ended up leaving it as is because it was designed for a youtube video and not as actual client work.
>>
>>311884
also
(self promoting time)
if you want to see the process
check out the channel
www.youtube.com/channel/UCDUBN0Zeou0FVaoaAlqgHQA
>>
>>311861
Oh man, welcome to /gd/.
Here you will find a mix of arrogant assholes who don't have the slightest idea of what they are doing because their youtube tutorial didn't go in-depth and professional arrogant assholes.
There's also like a 3% of oldfags in the field (pretty sure we must be the board with the oldest demographic) who come here once in a blue moon and post advice.
You will also find pariahs like me who don't have an /av/ board and lurk here
>>
File: 1497177616990.png (146KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
1497177616990.png
146KB, 500x462px
>>311861
>letting people steal your stuff
>making it easy for people to track your id
>>
>>311894
Also this.
>>
>>311882
Bruh, how you gonna put "leaf" in a square with a geometric San-serif? Leaves are organic, step away from these geometric shapes and go for something more organic and far less literal
>>
>>311890
Youre right man. Fuck this shit, just gonna stick to dribble and shit
>>
>>311904
>how do I contrast
>>
>>311906
You contrast with size and balance, youve done a good job with that so far. But the idea is kinda lame, you put a leaf in a box. It seems like a student project, so just push that shit until you're uncomfortable then go a bit further.
>>
>>311882
you couldn't pick a worse font
what does din have to do with outdoor/nature?
>>
>>311904
>>311913

The idea is for a more rugged look.
Like Cat ou untamed our a brand ligue that.

A sort of outdoor gear brand.

but i get your point.
>>
File: klavika-4.png (35KB, 710x378px) Image search: [Google]
klavika-4.png
35KB, 710x378px
>>311916
>>
I don't you fags recognizing me

I don't want my retarded clients recognizing me either
>>
>>311907
youre'r unfamiliar with the concept of balance,bitch

A draft with Fewer yet well placed leaves would be fine
>>
>>311882
>>311884
>>311904
>>311913
>>311916

This dudes didn't create that logo, he ripped it off from a fuckin youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6iAJnx9YU
>>
>>312443
Fucking exposed
>>
>>312443
What if.... maybe.... somehow.... they are the person who MADE that YouTube video? ZOMGZIES! SO CRAZY! Who knows?? Is it entirely impossible?? That someone who made a logo ALSO just might have access to YouTube? AT THE SAME TIME!?
>>
because i'm not going to throw my stuff up for commentary with the rest of this shit.

why let retards give useless feedback on good work? so they can feel better about themselves? legit, why would i want feedback form the average poster here.
>>
>>312865
>because i'm not going to throw my stuff up for commentary with the rest of this shit.

Exactly that. I'd been doing professional design for a couple decades. If I need feedback, I ask for it from people I actually know whose opinions I actually respect.

I don't need suggestions on my work from anon 19 year olds in Pakistan.
>>
>>312443
It my youtube video

thx for watching it :)
>>
>>312460
well
actually i really enjoy people posting my videos out there

so thx
>>
I'm just here for font farming. Logos are 99% shittier with a few exceptions.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.