[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i pursue a graphic design degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: um.jpg (52KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
um.jpg
52KB, 540x540px
real passionate for art, culture, etc
can't draw for shit
creative person
been fucking with paintnet for years
i got graphic design credit freshman year of HS
does this sound like a good career for me at least?
>>
>>311807
Don't think of the degree.
What kind of job do you want to do? Find the degree that fits.
>>
Design is all about problem solving. Creativity = problem solving. Knowing the elements of design + aesthetic + POV + experience puts you in a position to be a good designer. Knowing the technical aspects + the foundational information of design needs to be embedded in your subconscious.

So, what you need to be "passionate" for is absorbing the world, how it / people work and how to use this to solve problems and communicate your approach and findings for clients.

Hold on to that passion as long as possible, when you are older with experience, it is discipline and wisdom that will drive you through. Good luck.

If you feel a sway towards this direction, go for it, the world always needs great minds.
>>
>real passionate for art, culture, etc

Graphic design typically does not have much to do with that. It's a meme idea that is encouraged by graphic design schools to get more students.

>creative person
The majority of graphic designers are hacks that would have never been able to get into the industry without adobe making their jobs easier. They like to deny this even though the majority can't even draw.
>>
File: 1496544503171.jpg (16KB, 310x328px) Image search: [Google]
1496544503171.jpg
16KB, 310x328px
i ended up with crippling depression and anxiety and being on heavy doses of various tranquilizers and antidepressants for last few years and and i'm now dealing with intense withdrawal for last 5 months because pursuing the graphic design degree in a questionable diploma-mill university that i dropped out of half-way through was so shitty and such a waste of time but it was also because i couldn't relate to anyone around me because they weren't passionate about anything and the town where i was at is a depressing run-down post-commie gray coastal shithole.

i'm still doing design and i'm also doing web development.

go for some computering field and practice design on side.
>>
>>312169
>i couldn't relate to anyone around me because they weren't passionate about anything

This is exactly how I feel at design school.

Most of the people there aren't passionate about design.. Their idea of being a designer tends to be just having a cushy office job and not the passionate pursuit of creativity.
>>
>>312169
>i couldn't relate to anyone around me because they weren't passionate about anything and the town where i was at is a depressing run-down post-commie gray coastal shithole.
literally me
>>
Honestly I feel that adobe products and how easy they are to use has flooded the whole graphic design industry with hacks.
>>
>>312175
>just having a cushy office job and not the passionate pursuit of creativity.
Protip: it's the same in any industry. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>312188
Artists are not like this.

The idea that most graphic designers love creativity and fonts is a meme or something they try convince others.
>>
File: lbb_landscape2.jpg (460KB, 2793x1890px) Image search: [Google]
lbb_landscape2.jpg
460KB, 2793x1890px
>>312169
>>312176
Dramatic
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.