[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twitter UI redesign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: shit icons.png (3KB, 333x46px) Image search: [Google]
shit icons.png
3KB, 333x46px
IMO it's terrible, it feels hollow and empty. They even changed the reply arrow to a fucking chat bubble on tweets

fucking w h a t
>>
>>311435
Well their logo cost $15. You expect them to hire a UX/UI designer that isnt still researching if they need to go to school or not for their field?
>>
File: DCX7H6KV0AAgI-_.png (196KB, 568x489px) Image search: [Google]
DCX7H6KV0AAgI-_.png
196KB, 568x489px
It's genuine trash for a whole multitude of reasons, allow me to go on an autistic rant why.

>Profile pictures are now circles
This looks so fucking bad if you made a profile picture around the square, because it doesn't reformat your picture into a circle, it crops it. Look what it did to Microsoft's logo on twitter before they changed it to fit the circle.
>Circle aesthetic
I hate this new aged bullshit rounded aesthetic meme. I thought the whole 21st century look was being square, minimalist, simple, etc. and this whole bouncy cloudy fucking first year design student stuff makes me wanna vomit. It looks awful, especially when it meshes with older designs like Twitter. Again, look at how that circle avatar just wastes space next to the profile bio, which is a nice square. Fuck silicon valley man.
>Icons are outlines
This isn't ENTIRELY bad, but to me it makes the whole thing look really devoid of color. This is what a lot of people hated about the YouTube changes when they redesigned, there was just so much white space.
>Icons were redrawn
They look bloated. The reply icon change is really stupid because it conveys less information than before.
>Lack of color
One of those things you don't realize is good until it's gone. Sometimes on your timeline you'll see things that are either retweeted (green icon) or liked (red icon) by someone you follow. These used to have little icons that were either green or red, but now they are gone for some reason, so that instant realization is gone. It's small but I liked it before. Otherwise it just adds to the whole site looking deovid of color.

tl;dr 2/10 for making me reply, Twitter
>>
>>311447
I bet the team got $100k/person/year for this and they """analyzed""" it for months before pushing it live.
>>
>>311452
This is the problem when people get paid big money for shit like this. They overdo it and make it incredibly ugly/confusing/unlikable, and by the time they finish it the chance of it getting reverted is slim to none because they invested so much in it.

It's the same reason you see lots of stuff like games and consoles being named stupid shit, like the Xbox One or the Xbox One X. If you pay someone thousands of dollars to come up with a new name for something, you'll get an overthought out, shitty brand.
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 303x431px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 303x431px
I'll message companies to offer me $5 in exchange for resizing their logos to fit the circle.
>>
The circle sticks out a lot. Everything else is a square or rectangle.
>>
This is probably the worst thing to happen to the site's look since they got rid of backgrounds.

I think a lot of atrocious web design is coming from the meme that the mobile version and the desktop version have to look alike, despite being on completely different fucking sized and shaped screens with different methods of control and intuitive placement. The overly simple design strategy kind of works on phones but it leaves so much empty space on desktops. But who cares about desktop anymore I guess.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.