[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Company Logo Critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: Semi Circle Buisness Card Front.jpg (86KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
Semi Circle Buisness Card Front.jpg
86KB, 1050x600px
Looking for some Critique

Starting a Graphic Design company, here is the logo I think I want to go with, thoughts/changes I should make before printing the business cards off?
>>
>>311295
bump
>>
>>311295
doesnt look harmonic. also - can you employ me?
>>
File: Semi Circle Icon.jpg (105KB, 1000x998px) Image search: [Google]
Semi Circle Icon.jpg
105KB, 1000x998px
>>311295
Also here is the icon I use for social media/possible mobile app.
>>
>>311297
Harmonic How?
>>
>>311297
Also not hiring, sorry bud.
>>
>>311295
bumping
>>
>>311295
bump
>>
>>311295

too simple, seek for something more creative, anyone can cut a circle ad put a letter inside it...

colors? another typography? wold not hire you the way it looks now, sry...
>>
>>311309
Yea, I want to keep it simple but I feel it may be too simple/plain.
>>
>>311295
bump
>>
>>311310

design must use creativity to solve problems, normaly, creative ways are fun ways, why is your logo not fun?

put some colors, some depht, maybe play with materials?

make your research, you'll see that the simple logos have a lot going on, even keeping it simple.
>>
>>311312
You bring up some good points.
>>
You should probably hire a designer if you're going to start a design firm.
>>
File: not-semi.jpg (53KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
not-semi.jpg
53KB, 1050x600px
Wondering why your logo doesn't feature a true semicircle...?
>>
Draw some sketches. I can tell this is your first idea because its fucking boring and straight forward.

[spoiler]DRAW[/spoiler]
>>
>>311341
This desu senpai. I do simple designs for t shirts and websites so I'm no expert, but it always helps to do a few mock ups with pencil and paper.
>>
>>311295
If your company's name is Semi circle then not go full literal putting a semi circle, play with the meaning of the words, semiotics and that shit.
>>
>>311328
lawyered

also OP it's pretty awful. quick thoughts would be to fix your semicircle, match the rest of your text to the "s", find a more interesting color palette than shit grey, remove the line between "circle" and "design"
>>
File: circle guy-01.png (149KB, 4167x4167px) Image search: [Google]
circle guy-01.png
149KB, 4167x4167px
Here OP. Its free.
>>
>>311443
not op but i like
>>
>>311443
Better. Not great, but definitely better.
>>
>>311443
>semi dirdle
>>
File: semiC.jpg (70KB, 1134x732px) Image search: [Google]
semiC.jpg
70KB, 1134x732px
>>311295
Im not a graphic designer but that logo looks complete ass. I mean, not bad for any other company where the logo doesnt really matter, but for a graphic design company? I dont think anyone but relatives would hire you

here, something that took me 15 mins in MSPaint. I know its also bad, but eh
>>
>>311295
this grey makes me feel like your design is for old and liveless people that lost all fun in their lifes. the | doesn't fit the name or the circle theme and is basically decoration without justification, the half circle is an element that does fit the theme but it's not used to its max potential here, which makes the logo look bland

>>311443
it's a nice touch and looks a bit better, not sure about the font, the varying strokes and the possibility of reading it wrong i.e. like "semi cirde" though

>>311504
not a fan of any of those, that half circle is way too dominating and seems to drag down the rest with it
>>
>>311504
hilarious since all 4 of those are only one degree of ass away from OP's
>>
>>311523
Maybe OP just picked a stupid name for his company?
>>
>>311523
yes, but that only took me 15 mins and I'm not about to start a graphic design company.
im sure i could do better with a decent program other than mspaint, and if my livelihood depended on it
>>
>>311574
There is something to be said of your intelligence when you really believe OP's livelihood depends on his Graphic Design, and isn't in fact a 16 year old / a troll
>>
>>311498
kek
>>
>>311295
this is probably not what you want to hear, but its what you should do-- brainstorm by making a list of words related to circles, semi-circles, shit that looks like circles, and whatever comes to your mind regarding circles. no less than 20.

then, start sketching thumbnails. keep sketching in this small format. you should have at least 30 sketches. this will help you eject the complete dogshit ideas that are at the front of your thought process (happens to everyone, thisis why we sketch).

Your design that you posted needs to be scrapped, but I will give you something you can use: If you are going to play with scaling type, make sure the letterforms are all the same weight. If your big ass S is 'book' weight, make the other letters medium or bold, whatever makes them all seem the same thickness.
>>
>>311295
also, Arial is fucking cancer please stop using it
>>
The best company logos don't use their name as prominently. Nike is a check, target is a, well, target, twitter is a bird, snapchat is a thingy that looks like a ghost but which is instantly recognizable, car companies almost never use their names in their logos. Just something to think about I guess. Maybe change the name entirely. Like Pencil Point Design or On Point Design and your logo is literally just a triangle that looks like the tip part of a pencil. Idk. A semi circle isnt very memorable and I dont think it has much to do with what your company does.
>>
>>311599
You could also make an argument for logotypes-- Google, Coca Cola, Sony. But I get what you're saying.

OP, make the typography yours, do something to it or change it. All caps, all lowercase, stack it, put it over something, and just sketch more before going into the computer.
>>
>>311295
Make that line as tall as the semi-circle.

Then ditch the whole design because it looks like it was done in 5 minutes on the back of a napkin.
>>
>>311295
>starting a graphic design company
>doesn't have enough skill to make the logo good
Uh oh. It's not looking good for you, mate.
>>
>>311624
$20,000 logos have been designed in 10 minutes on the back of a napkin. Let's not compare this anon to anyone of any skill please.
>>
>>311295
Like someone said before
if its for a graphic design business... it should look like it was made by a Gdesigner

think about it more.

sketch more.

Tune out the assholes and actually look at the constructive criticism.

learn
evolve

and here is a quick sketch of an different approach
>>
>>311891
>if its for a graphic design business... it should look like it was made by a Gdesigner
Good point. It's one of the rare times you'll get to be as avant-garde, out there as you want. Have some fucking fun with it.
>>
>>311295
>can't even design his logo
stop polluting the market retard
>>
You start a design agency and need help for your own logo... Everyone is a designer I guess
>>
This.
>>
>>311295
"Semi circle" should be either hyphenated or written as one word.
>>
think long and hard if you're ready to actually start an agency.

and if the thought is 'no', keep thinking until it is.
>>
>>312864
>think long and hard if you're ready to actually start an agency

Yep. Ask yourself how many freelance clients you had in the past year. If the answer is "a couple, and one was a favor for a friend", then your agency has no reason to exist.
>>
>cant even design the logo
find some other hobby OP
>>
File: 2017-06-30 23.51.04.jpg (75KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-30 23.51.04.jpg
75KB, 1050x600px
>I'm starting a graphic design studio
>How do I do graphic design

Eat no less than a half dozen cocks.
>>
consider:
you don't need to make a perfect geometric semi circle and then jam it into your design, as long as you can convey it or represent it.

You're supposed to be a "Visual """"Communicator"""""", you don't need to make shit so literal

About >>311295 logo

Always consider how your logo looks on a range of background colours, and shades of black/white, what happens if the background colour is too bright, does your logo have a dark version?

The | element has a strange gradient that everyone seems to miss on first glace, but it tells me you looked at your design and thought it looked underdone, lacking, incomplete.
I'm lead to believe this was your first idea, and you didn't touch the paper and went straight to digital, big mistake, go with what i assume your instincts are and return to the drawing board, ON PAPER, not illustrator, you might as well post your draws here and save the time if you want critique
Its not about the quality of the drawing so don't feel discouraged, does it convey your idea properly, etc etc

good luck, ignore the poor wankers who rage at the idea of people taking their imaginary clients
>>
File: cripplingdepression-02.jpg (29KB, 1001x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cripplingdepression-02.jpg
29KB, 1001x1000px
in my opinion OPs design is unbalanced and too long, perhaps an attached idea will guide you
>>
>>313251
what the fuck is this shit
>>
>>313272
the uniboob
>>
File: badhavenv2_1.jpg (10KB, 260x197px) Image search: [Google]
badhavenv2_1.jpg
10KB, 260x197px
>>
>>313483
You're the anon from /k/ aren't you? This is supposed to be a patch?
>>
>>313492
Ultimately yes, I missed the rectangular border around the firsts letters. I want to add more detail to the horns.
>>
>>313251
Dot both the I's with the semi circles
>>
>>311891
Reminds me of TheRyDesigns..
>>
>>313497
and make all the Cs semicircles too
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.