[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Oh, you're an designer? You should get a mac! Macs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 19857034925.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
19857034925.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
"Oh, you're an designer? You should get a mac! Macs are for designers!"
>>
>>311133
good question , now iam using windows but i will start master this winter in media and digital desgin , i should by mac?
the answer is no , because you need Adapt like bitch.
>>
s a g e
>>
File: f9a.jpg (30KB, 602x340px) Image search: [Google]
f9a.jpg
30KB, 602x340px
>>311133
He was referring to Big Macs, you idgit. Because you see, that's where designers end up at. At McD's.
>>
>adobe products have been made for macOS first since like 2005

they aren't wrong
>>
>>311222
>in Windows when I want to change the blending mode of a layer in PS I can just scroll through it with the mouse wheel
>In Mac OS I have to click the dropdown and manually select each mode, no easy way to scroll through

I work in both ecosystems and am the furthest thing from a fanboy for either platform, but some of the exclusions on the Mac versions are just fuckin' bizarre.
>>
>>311246
On Windows it also works with the up and down keys from the keyboard.
>>
>>311250
That too. Oddly enough you can flip through fonts with the arrow keys on Mac, but not blending modes or anything else.
>>
>>311246
>use scroll wheel to change font size on homOSeX
>it autoscrolls to some random number for 30 fucking seconds
>>
>>311257
>scroll to a font
>hit enter
>selection box closes and doesn't apply your changes

Honestly, there are so many weird UX issues with Adobe's stuff, specifically on Mac, that I really don't know what the fuck's going on. Not that the casual user would ever notice these things, but if you're catering to professionals this shit just feels sloppy.
>>
>>311246
literally this - I use blending modes a lot in my album covers and quite often will just eperiment by browing through them with the arrow keys
Y U NO DO THIS MAC?
pissed me off to no end when I was at uni using their powermacs (have my own PC of course)
>>
>>311133
>Having a mac after 2010 for gd

LUL
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.