[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are my animation skills lame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Nico-animation2.gif (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nico-animation2.gif
1MB, 1000x1000px
Are my animation skills lame?
>>
File: Squirrel_tail_reference.jpg (79KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel_tail_reference.jpg
79KB, 800x660px
>>310710
not lame but you could make it better just by taking care of a couple of things.
>exaggerate anticipations more, makes reading movement easier and will feel more natural yet cartoony
>movements that follow through. You got this right on her left ribbon but it is a little off on the other ribbons and hair. (pic related). You can find good excercises for this in this book
>http://jo2bigornia.tripod.com/download/TimingAnimation.pdf
>>
File: roudnthumb.gif (438KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
roudnthumb.gif
438KB, 500x500px
>>310712

Hey, thanks

These are just the key frames, I'm doing the inbetweens now, and adjusting accordingly

Also, you gave me something to exercise. I'm very grateful
>>
File: dili.jpg (97KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
dili.jpg
97KB, 500x349px
>>310714
no problem man, I understand your struggle.
after 10 years animating I still don't get follow-throughs right in the fist couple of tries and have to redraw them.
When I was studying with picrelated and had something finished to show him he always said "it's ok, now add 2 pony tails to every character and work on your follow throughs cause you suck at those"
>>
>>310716

What software do you use to put the animation together?

I'm doing all just in Photoshop, and the frame animation function is not that good...
>>
>>310718
not him but most people use toon boom, also check out the animation general threafs at >>>/ic/ they even have links with resources.
>>
>>310718
I draw and ink on a light-table, scan, paint in Photoshop and composite in AfterEffects (mainly because I can get away with using less drawings and animating some things with DUIK).
If you are drawing with a tablet, toon boom is really good (as >>310720 pointed out) go for version 8 or previous, don't fall for the harmony bs. Toonz is supposed to be good (and free) but i have never tried it.
>>
>>310720

Thanks, I'll give it a try

>>310721

AE is the name of the game then. Thanks for the advices
>>
File: Nico-animation4.gif (5MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nico-animation4.gif
5MB, 1200x1200px
>>310718

OP here,

I've finished the movements, I'm pretty satisfied.

How does it look?
>>
>>311045
just lurking, but that looks great, how long does this take, im sort of interested now
>>
>>311045
way better than your original post, looks good
>>
LOOMIS
O
O
M
I
S
>>
>>311045
OOOH SHIT NIGGA THIS LOOKIN GOOD
you have a potential, keep animating, young soul
>>
File: danky king.gif (147KB, 226x216px) Image search: [Google]
danky king.gif
147KB, 226x216px
>>311045
ew motion tweens
>>
>>312016
POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS
O
I
N
T
I
N
G

O
U
T

T
H
E

O
B
V
I
O
U
S
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (153KB, 1161x912px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
153KB, 1161x912px
>>312016
>>312379
>anime girl
>loomis
pick one

>>311045
That's looking a lot better with the in-betweens OP.
However your follow-throughs are notspot on yet (sorry to insist on the same thing again).
It's hard to tell without looking at individual frames but I think your ribbons (marked in red) rise when the character is at the top position. Those should rise when she is lowering her position.
Also, the hair marked in green looks stiff, it should bend the other way around at some point and come back.
A good way to animate this and make it look smooth is to plan the movement of the end of the hair so it forms an 8 during the whole loop. The other end is fixed so all you have to care about then is ondulation principles while you follow that 8 path.
Godspeed you OP, keep up the good work
>>
>>312382
ok so what source do you recommend for anime
>>310710
shouldn't you go to /ic/ though
>>
>>312677
>ok so what source do you recommend for anime
no idea, not a weeb, certainly not loomis though

>shouldn't you go to /ic/ though
in my experience, /ic/ isn't helpful, just a bunch of dudes trying really hard to show of
>>
>>312696
>>312677
anime source
hue hue nichijou
try their artstyle, you'll die at the action scenes
>>
>>310710
they're ok, maybe work on posing, but why did you post /gd/?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.