[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. Anyone on this board having experience with app design?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: ASFKLJNG345.jpg (168KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
ASFKLJNG345.jpg
168KB, 1500x900px
Hello.

Anyone on this board having experience with app design? I'm currently working on an app for a specific demographic. Anything that I should be aware of? I'm in the stages of putting in together before programming it.

Also, has anyone ever made a successful sale of their design?

Thank you.
>>
>>310619
Have you got your idea?
Have you done the UX journeys?
Done testing?
Got moodboards? (Type / Colours / Layout / UI)

You have any examples of your work and I can say what to work on / look out for?

If you've got a solid grasp of shit in other fields of design this should be cake.
>>
>>310633
dont want to show to much. But the log-in screen + everything else is pretty much done ---- as for programming that's for someone els to take care of
>>
>>310633
moodboard-wise thats pretty much their whole website
>>
>>310653
Ha, I meant your previous works, not previous shots of the app.

By moodboards I meant your research into Type / Colours / Layout / UI. Your inspiration to help direct your designs?

But from here I can see your hierarchy and contrast is really weak. All of your copy looks very similar. Make things drastically different in scale, in weight, in style.
>>
>>310656
I'm pretty happy about my landing page with the log in to be honest. But I might see that there's a little too much going on.

I dont have any moldboards. I go directly from their website as an inspiration - so it looks as if the website is shrunken into an app. I don't have any previous works.

Thank you for your answer mate
>>
Just do lots of user testing.

Show someone a series of screens and ask them to reach a certain page, make a post, search for their friend, buy a product, etc what features the app has.

Don't give them a step by step guide or hints just throw them in with a goal and observe and record if they can successfully navigate through your app.

Make them explain each of their own steps and why they clicked there, where they thought it was going to lead them and what each element means.

Do this with all your prototypes and mockups, from paper, low fidelity to high fidelity and the MVP.

Focus on function before you worry about what colours and aesthetics.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.