[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphic Designs on Keyboards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

My employer makes specialty keyboards. I got some pushback because it's a lot different than our normal stuff , but I thought it would be really cool to do graphic designs, logos, and fan art on keyboards. Thoughts?
>>
you can probably get some one-offs from people who want their fan art. but i bet you could sell a bunch of those at once to a company if you did their logo
>>
Looks like it would be hard to size an image on such a wide surface because keyboards are huge rectangles
>>
pretty neat

can you show me some other things your company has printed?
>>
Yeah, you can check out a couple of the things I've printed. I'm kind of just getting started though: http://www.keybodo.com/custom-keyboards.html
>>
>>310212
>>310215
What he said - one off/customs would be the most available market but I have no idea if doing small batches like that would be feasible from a production standpoint.

I also want to voice a concern of how you print that shit so that it won't wear off. Fingers are greasy and typing is a LOT of abrasion.
>>
That's a good question and point. But I've priced it so I still make some money with one/offs. I get the keyboards in bulk so that lowers costs. I use a pretty deep-penetrating sublimation and the keyboards come with a protective silicone cover, so there should hardly be any wear.
>>
>>310229
let people upload there own.

redbubble style.

Also they have to offer good mechanical options
>>
holy shit this is retarded. why has graphic design sunken so low? this is the perfect example of putting "coolness xD" over functionality.

functionality and communicability always comes first in graphic design, as well as product design. this is a basic rule that everyone should know. if you're covering up the keys with graphics then you can't see the letters on them, and it becomes distracting for the eye when you should be looking at the screen. I don't know if you hit me with some "b-but some people can type without looking at the keyboard!!" shit. Its a retarded idea and you should rethink what you're doing.
>>
there's a market, apparently.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&q=%E7%97%9B%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89
>>
its not a bad idea at all, its really important to consider how can you make a good profit tho. aim for call centers and shit like that where they have tons of keyboard. you can offer the logo design. worst case scenerio you get a couple of no
>>
>>310547
Senpai, your post is the perfect example of putting "teen angst and edgy memes xDD" over organic forum content.
>>
>>311302
that reply made no sense whatsoever
did you click the wrong post?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.