[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Effects keyframe interpolation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Hey I have a video that I slowed down by a lot and I am amazed at how smooth AE can render frames in between.
However, right now, the motion always "sticks" to the frame it just reached before it continues with the next smooth transition. I'd like the whole clip to be constantly "transitioning" .

So instead of
0.1s FRAME | 0.1s TRANSITION | 0.1s FRAME | 0.1s TRANSITION | 0.1s FRAME
I'd like something like
0.01s FRAME | 0.19s TRANSITION | 0.01s FRAME | 0.19s TRANSITION | 0.01s FRAME | 0.19s TRANSITION
so the whole video looks more smooth. I think there must be a way to achieve this.

What I've tried so far is every possible combination of "Frame Blending > ..." and the 3 different modes in the frame blending section of the clip + activating and deactivating "Default Spatial Interpolation to Linear"

Any ideas?
>>
>>310129
Well, you can do that by just chopping your video and keyframing the shit out of it.
I don't think it would look good though, but as long as your source footage is 60fps or higher, you should be able to slow it down to ridicolous amounts.
Also, have you tried using twixtor for this? In my experience it gives slightly better results
>>
>>310133
thanks mate, I've heard of twixtor while researching my problem, but I always want to stick to the tools I have because it's a shitty meme channel that doesn't really need quality processing lol

The transitions it puts between the frames is actually smoother than I need so I think if the effect was stretched out (only 50% as smooth) it would still satisfy my needs. I can't believe there is no setting for this, like it allows you to perform major fuck ups but doesn't offer a function to adjust the curve like this? Weird :/

About the chopping part: that's a really good workaround actually.. won't go for it because laziness but it would defo work
>>
File: Screenshot (14).png (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (14).png
607KB, 1920x1080px
>>310134
> I can't believe there is no setting for this
You need to try the graph editor for than anon

>twixtor
it's pretty much the same thing as the built-in interpolation, a couple more options but the result are pretty much the same
>>
>>310139
but isn't time remapping for more dynamic changes in time? Like, in my case, the whole clip is slowed down - or do you mean I should draw peaks and lows on frame-level to compensate for the non-smoothness?

Sleepy af but if that doesn't work, twixtor :)
>>
oh and thanks again
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.