[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it feasible at all in this day and age to be employed in graphic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: K_Polaroid.jpg (821KB, 1027x1096px) Image search: [Google]
K_Polaroid.jpg
821KB, 1027x1096px
is it feasible at all in this day and age to be employed in graphic design or some related field while using ONLY traditional techniques?

Basically I have a passion for art and am trying to figure out careers, but I have health problems that prevent me from working on computers for any meaningful length of time...
>>
If you can make cool ass stuff, find a partner? Online portfolios, emails, inspo, and a lot more are done on the computer which without you may not gain traction. I can see an analog designer being a cool niche desu. Just gotta do it right.
>>
>>310094
>Online portfolios, emails, inspo, and a lot more are done on the computer
I don't have a problem with that, I have close friends and my girlfriend who can help with that stuff. Most of my inspo and knowledge of /gd/ is from books and magazines anyway.

I was just wondering if there was an actual job market for this stuff, or if every employer or client is going to be expecting everything in true, editable digital formats rather than scanned documents or photos
>>
this is an interesting thread

>if every employer or client is going to be expecting everything in true, editable digital formats rather than scanned documents or photos
If you want to be a graphic designer, you'll have an extremely hard getting offers while staying away from the computer. For a client, it would just be a big additional effort and expense to hire you.

BUT if you're really hungry to make it, it's not impossible ! You can be a professional illustrator who does /gd/-related work. You can be a zine hobbyist. You can be a stationery designer (they usually don't use the computer less than others).
The last solution (which i know well because I chose it myself) is to be a fine-art printmaker who does design work tangentially.

If Im being honest though, not being able to use the computer is gonna be a handicap for all white-collar jobs in the world. If you like art, have you considered becoming a painter, sculptor, or a craftsman instead ?
>>
>>310094
This
1. Make incredible stuff, and be known it was all done without a computer
2. Find someone to build your online presence.
You shouldnt have a hard time finding an unemployed graphic designer to befriend and help you
>>
>>310105
>If you like art, have you considered becoming a painter, sculptor, or a craftsman instead ?
I'm a printmaker and photographer, but I can't say that it pays my rent. I've always liked graphic design as a hobby and was just wondering if its worth pursuing as a career despite having the handicap. Illustrator and stationery designer sound interesting, though I don't know much about it nor have any passion. But thanks for the info
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.