[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made this logo for a client. What do you think, how can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: logo.png (138KB, 2048x1582px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
138KB, 2048x1582px
I made this logo for a client. What do you think, how can I improve it?
>>
File: logo-designs-33.jpg (38KB, 550x293px) Image search: [Google]
logo-designs-33.jpg
38KB, 550x293px
>>310001
maybe place a moon in the back although it might not work with a white background also the tree could be better imho
and also try a version with the flat ground not in that V shape
>>
File: Zdzisław Beksiński - 1982.jpg (809KB, 1624x1611px) Image search: [Google]
Zdzisław Beksiński - 1982.jpg
809KB, 1624x1611px
all the branches probably make it busy and hard to read in small sizes and contrast between rough and quickly drawn branches versus the smooth stuff makes it arguably look a bit unprofessional but that also gives it kind of a 90s an eerie cartoony indie game dev company charm to it. "Pathologic" game kind of vibe.
>>
>>310001
I'd say the branches are to jagged.
There are to many hard corners in it, makes it feel crowded.
Maybe spread everything out a bit or don't make the brnaches hang so low?
>>
File: 1496280040059.png (74KB, 1000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
1496280040059.png
74KB, 1000x1996px
>>310001
I like it.

First look at the thumbnail thought it was a kid reading a book under a spooky tree, then thought it was a grave stone.

Now I realise that it's a sapling or something?

New life / leaf > Kid / New generation? > Old dead tree

Maybe the company name would give it some more context on what the focus is.

Other than making the sapling more obvious and taking away a couple of the branches, it's great.

Also was going to say use a grid to centre the focal point but when I checked it out you already have.

| Sapling | Kid | Tree |

Obviously the right side is a lot heavier so it appears it be "off balanced" on first glance. Maybe think about having only trunk on the right edge and all the branches hanging over the left side so it evens it out a bit.

The couple of wayward branches at the top right kind of ruins the framing so try to keep everything inside a circle or square.

Pathfinder made all of the corners rounded for me but I'm going to assume that the original has sharp corners. Keep it like that, and keep the anchor points to a minimum, it'll keep the clean, modern, minimal look to it.

Congrats on not using 100% black. Means you actually have degree or something.
>>
>>310211
i love that clipping mask... ill work on the tree's branches and maybe put it in a circle like you did.
>>
>>310211
I studied Graphic design, but you know how it is, the work is never completly done, theres always a way of improving it (the usual ''maybe I should've done this or that''), but even then, theres always this feeling that you could step up your work plus, nowaday the clients doesnt have any opinions anymore. They think youre somekind of artistic god that will create the best logo ever without any direction nor restriction nor help what so ever. Graphic designers are not artist they are artisan, theres a big difference and people tend to forget that.
>>
>>310211
>>310287
my point is that an artist can be an artisan but not all artisans are artists but it doesnt make them bad artisans.
>>
>>310287
Very true, any old idea can be turned into a good looking design if it's well thought out and follows all of the basic design fundamentals. But the difference of Design being great not just good, comes from the idea.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.