[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Adobe costs too much >Uses it every day Adobe products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: Adobe_CS5.5_Product_Logos.png (94KB, 413x241px) Image search: [Google]
Adobe_CS5.5_Product_Logos.png
94KB, 413x241px
>Adobe costs too much
>Uses it every day

Adobe products are far superior to anything else on the market. What's wrong with paying for them? It's not that bad. Students should get it free though.
>>
>>309419
so if you use your shoes everyday you should pay a montly wage? even if they are the same from 5 years ago?
what most people complaint though is that they can't own any adobe software the only option you have is to pay montly for the rest of your life.
>>
>>309419
anyway they are all easy to have them for free
>>
>>309419
A product that is updated not even monthly with barely any new major content should not cost a monthly wage.
>>
>>309419
Affinity Designer
Affinity Photo
ProtoPie
After Effects

My toolset.
>>
After Effects is the only tool that Adobe has the upper hand with
>>
>A product that is updated not even monthly with barely any new major content should not cost a monthly wage.

I make $50 an hour... so I just paid for this month's sub over my morning coffee.
>>
>>309504
Nice dude. My goal is to achieve something like you, some day.
>>
>>309430
The total cost per year is still the same? its just monthly instalments now and you don't have to worry about file versions anymore.
>>
>>309512
>The total cost per year is still the same
It isn't though, because you continue to pay after the year is over, as long as you use it you have to pay for it, instead of paying a solid price once and then use it as long as you like if its amortized or not.
>>
>>309419
>What's wrong with paying for them?

OP confirmed to be adobe employee. Nice try, cunt nugget.
>>
>>309512

Think of if like renting an apartment. Do you get the own the place? Not really. I much rather pirate it than pay continuously.
>>
>>309504
what job?
>>
>>309504
>I like to recklessly throw money around like a total idiot.

Fixed
>>
Imagine if you were a car mechanic, and you were only allowed to rent wrenches.
>>
>>309504
Same
>ITT butthurt poorfags
>>
>>309419
>What's wrong with paying for them?

Nothing. I just don't have to.
>>
>>309476
I find that using Photoshop lets me express my creativity a whole lot better and as a result is a whole lot more fun to work with, whereas GIMP has me spending most of my time finding workarounds to emulate features Photoshop has had for a long time, as well as trying to work with GIMP's near-complete lack of non-destructive editing functionality.

It should not take so many steps just to draw a circle, and the inability to edit rotated text (because GIMP automatically rasterizes it upon rotation) is a shame.

Also, I prefer Illustrator to Inkscape because Inkscape is explicitly bound to SVG's featureset (if SVG doesn't support it, Inkscape can't do it); Illustrator is not, so they have the freedom to add as many features as possible. Support for multiple artboards is a key example.
>>
>>309476
I recently started playing in Cinema4d and it's animation tools are so much better and way more intuitive.

After effects has been relegated to compositing only.

I even find myself doing 2d animations in C4D.
>>
>>310550
can c4d export to svg?
like is there a bodymovin' plugin for c4d?
>>
>>309981
Not him, I make €85 an hour doing graphic design
>>
File: Cineware2.jpg (52KB, 1200x382px) Image search: [Google]
Cineware2.jpg
52KB, 1200x382px
>>310550
After Effects and Cinema 4D have excellent integration through Cineware. Use them in conjunction.

https://www.maxon.net/en-us/products/cineware-cinema-4d-lite/
>>
>>310546
Why on earth are you using Gimp? Krita is free and literally better than Photoshop.
>>
>>309472
Can you give me advice for UX software for web developer ?
>>
File: cs6.png (198KB, 927x676px) Image search: [Google]
cs6.png
198KB, 927x676px
Photoshop CS6 used to cost $1000 USD for that version only, now you can get Photoshop CC for $10 a month or $120 a year.
That's almost 9 years of Photoshop CC with upgrades for the price of CS6.

My problem is that if you want Illustrator you're gonna have to pay $30 a month instead of $10 like Photoshop, they should only ask for only $10 per app.
I want Photoshop and Illustrator for $20, not Photoshop plus Illustrator for $40 or all apps for $50.
>>
>>309419
I don't think it costs too much in general, just that it's way too expensive for students (and recently-graduated students like myself). I'd happily pay for it if I could, but I don't - I just don't have the money for it.

Adobe, unfortunately, have a ton of problems with their software and their company in general, to the point where they almost deserve to actually be pirated just to teach them a damn lesson.
>>
>>310862
They want their sortware to be easily crackable

Which problems does adobe have? I used to use Ps and Fl every day and the only problem was that Flash used to crash a bit more often
>>
>>309419
Students should get it free though.

That will never happen. I used to pay $20/mo for the student license and that only lasted 1 or 2 years. It's now $30/mo, can I renew a license somehow without making a new account?
>>
>>309419
Use an Adobe patcher.
>>
>>311009
>Students should get it free though.

Students think they should get every fucking thing for free.
>>
>>311049
shut up stuck bitch
>>
>>311009
>Students should get it free though.

What a ridiculous thing to say. A student of any other discipline still has to buy their textbooks - hell, apprentices and people in trade schools buy their own tools, which cost a fuck of a lot more than a CC subscription.

Do I like Adobe's subscription model? Nah, it's pretty ass and most of the updates add nothing of substance. But graphic design is inherently a first-world profession, if you can't deal with the costs then find a new job.
>>
>>310859
sketch is the best tool for static mockups. it was the thing that kind of set off the ui design tool revolution, i.e bailing from photoshop mockups. it also has a lot of extensions you can use, and ui kits are abundant.
downsides are that it costs 99$ (unless you have a student license, in which case it costs 50$) and it's osx exclusive.
indesign comes in second. indesign is adobe but it's in beta right now so it's free, and it looks nice. it also supports windows unlike sketch.

if you're a brave soul and you can tolerate web interfaces figma is alright too. it's not nearly as fast and full featured as sketch of indesign, but it's web-based and has google-docs like collaboration.

for prototyping you can use anything of your choice, i guess. i generally don't do prototyping because i design and build everything so i don't need things that detailed but the few times i did i used Origami because it can take sketch files.
>>
>>311067
ty, but sketch is only for mac
>>
>>311049
>>311060
because they're not making profits off of it.
and students are fucking poor.
>>
>>311083
>because they're not making profits off of it and students are fucking poor.

So your tuition, books, laptop, cell phone, art supplies, meals, and housing should also be free. Because you're a poor student.

I don't give a fuck that you aren't making a profit. That's your problem. Your lack of earning money doesn't mean you're entitled to get someone else's property for free.
>>
>>311049
>>311060
>>311132
Adobe CS is digital content that has no physical cost to produce and can be duplicated infinitely. Letting students use it for free during their term doesn't cost Adobe anything outside of server cost which they are already paying for.

Everything else mentioned is a physical product that can only be used by 1 person at a time and costs money for each single copy produced.
>>
>>311163
>Adobe CS is digital content that has no physical cost to produce and can be duplicated infinitely.

I don't make any money listening to digital music, watching netflix, or playing video games... I guess those should all be free too.

>Letting students use it for free during their term doesn't cost Adobe anything

It costs Adobe $20/month in revenue to let them use it for free. You've yet to make a case for "I don't want to pay $20 for your product, so you should just give it to me."
>>
>>311132
tuition, books should be free.

I can tell you're a dumb faggot american whose backwards medieval-way of thinking is why your country is one of the dumbest in the civilized world with a piss-poor education system.
>>
>>311183
You clearly didn't read anything that post said.

I can tell you're a dumb faggot american whose backwards medieval-way of thinking is why your country is one of the dumbest in the civilized world with a piss-poor education system.

>>311166
>digital music, watching netflix, or playing video games

Those are all entertainment.

>It costs Adobe $20/month in revenue to let them use it for free.

If they get to use it for free while being educated they are probably more likely to purchase the full version after they leave instead if going to >>>/gd/ and begging people to send them torrent links and "Alternatives"
>>
reminder that CC with everything included is only more expensive than the CS6 master collection after 4 whole years.
>>
>>311223
Even less if you're a student.
>>
>get in-house design position with literally any company
>tell HR you need a CC license
>use your first install at work, use your second at home

it's free if you have even the lowest of low design jobs

if you can't even get that then yeah you should stick to free programs because design is a hobby to you, not a career
>>
Why even bother paying? just pirate the god damn thing it's the easiest thing to pirate.
>>
Write it off as a business expense.
>>
>>311190
>If they get to use it for free while being educated they are probably more likely to purchase the full version

No, they'll be so comfortable with getting it for free that they'll say "Hell, why should I pay for it now? Anyone got a crack??"

Enjoy your third-world lifestyle, prole.
>>
>>311183
And who do you expect to pay for those things?
>>
>>311285
>And who do you expect to pay for those things?

I don't want to pay for someone else's tuition or books... so, try convincing the teachers and book publishers to work for free instead. Maybe the grocery store will also give you free food, and you can live at the homeless shelter.
>>
>>311285
>>311291
>haha taxes are for cucks, fuck paying for other people's problems!!!!

>oh no my road has potholes in it, how am i supposed to drive to my work??? :(((
>oh no my house is burning please save my family, fire department :((((
>oh fuck I broke my back and can't do labour anymore, and I don't have a degree because I couldn't afford education so I guess I'll just go bankrupt because I cant pay the hospital bill, and become homeless :(((
nice pol logic fucktard
>>
>>311316
>nice pol logic fucktard

Yes, nice logic comparing the cost of maintaining your own private fire department with a $20/month software license.
>>
>>311318
the conversation was about tuition at that point.
please try to follow along
>>
>>311284
I am OP of both these posts. I pay for Adobe CC. Fuck off. If you expect people to pay for your design work then why shouldnt you be expected to pay for Adobes?

Students don't get paid, they pay people to show them how to get paid. It's basically a scam. Glad I never went to design school.
>>
>>311320
>Students don't get paid, they pay people to show them how to get paid.

Guess what part of that payment requirement should be factored into their budget? Hint: the software.

It costs basically nothing for EVERY college textbook to be distributed via ebook. Why should students pay for books? After all, they're just learning. So let's make all the books free.

We'll end up with no current books in 10 years, after all the book publishers go out of business. But maybe someone in /gd will volunteer to write a new book on modern accounting practices or the latest advances in biochemistry.
>>
>>311344
I can't believe you're such a cuck that you somehow ended up defending textbook companies, which we all know have disgusting business ethics
>>
>>311346
>I can't believe you're such a cuck that you somehow ended up defending textbook companies

I see you've met Mr. Strawman.
>>
>>310554
What got you to this point
>>
I use Photoshop and other Adobe programs religiously and have been for many years, but I'm a teacher and can't really afford it, so I'm forced to pirate. I want to buy it and have the latest version but I'm very tight on funds. I wish like hell they had better options for students and educators.
>>
>>309445
i am interested
>>
>>310554
>>311364
Also interested in how you get paid this much, freelance?
>>
>>311475
Probably. But at the same time charging hourly for freelance is death. If you are good enough to charge $85 an hour then you should be able to work really fast and then you are just punishing yourself for being good. Charge by the job. That's what most larger clients that will pay that kind of price want anyways.
>>
>>311453
so easy you can probably figure it out yourself :)
>>
>>311433
$20/mo for Students
cancel netflix
>>
File: 1496635737881.jpg (1MB, 1423x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1496635737881.jpg
1MB, 1423x2000px
which creative sweet is the best suite
>>
>>311278

This.
>>
>>311349
He's right though, textbook companies are fucking frauds and justifying their extortion is bullshit
>>
>>309419
Look into onthehub.com if you are a student.
>>
whats should i use for designing edgy t-shirts?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.