[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>come to /gd/ for the first time expecting to come across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 928a8ed7b8078431ac69228a58bc0ad6.jpg (340KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
928a8ed7b8078431ac69228a58bc0ad6.jpg
340KB, 1000x1000px
>come to /gd/ for the first time expecting to come across a new tool or discuss theory
>full of amateurs

I can't tell if everyone is trolling or if most of this board is genuinely incompetent.

Most of the work posted looks like it was done using phone apps or using assets from freepik.

And people are charging 50-300 USD for logos? Without licensing or use agreements, for that cheap?
>>
You're on 4chan. Not exactly the flagship for high-performers. Best use I've found here is to ask for basics in an area I'm completely unfamiliar with.
>>
>>308064
im pretty serious about graphic design ive been doing it for a long time ever since i could use paint it works a lot better than youd think it works for graphic design i usually charge like 20 bucks because it pretty easy for me so i get a lot of business people are always really happy usually i do the graphic design for them and its so good they dont need anymore graphic design after that because my graphic design was probably going to be good graphic design for years ill probably get some repeat customers any day now for graphic design because ive been making new work and it only takes like 5 minutes to make a logo it is so easy so i can make a logo in 5 minutes for 20 bucks thats a lot of money in an hour at least 30 bucks an hour thats a lot for anybody i think i make more than my dad just using graphic design he thinks he wants to quite his job to do graphic design too so that we can be more rich my mom doesnt do graphic design either but i think it runs in the family my brother doesnt do it either so maybe it doesnt run in the family but it probably does because im pretty good at it and i make like 20 bucks for a logo that i can do in 5 minutes so if you think about it i can make a lot of money in just an hour probably more than my mom makes and my dad makes put together and im just sitting at home doing graphic design because i like graphic design and im pretty good at it too especially logos do you need a logo i can get it to you in 5 minutes flat just send me your company name or your name and maybe we could also be friends on facebook so you can see my graphic design thanks im glad you like my graphic design and my logos that i can make too have a good day thanks you too
>>
>>308064
Yeah, most of the stuff posted here is shit.

Part of it is that skilled professionals don't need to ask for critiques on 4chan.

Part of it is the obsession with flat/minimal/"clean" designs that a lot of people seem to get sucked into. People are convinced that things look better if you put less effort and originality into them.
>>
>>308068
This is the first time on 4chan for me since 2007, I can't tell if it's just nostalgia but everyone seemed to be much more intelligent back then, just posing as racist morons. It's very different now.
>>
>>308076
no joke, old /b/ moved over to /pol/ still doing the same thing except bigger scale
>>
Jesus, I just took a peak at /r/graphic_design on reddit. Absolutely tramples on what I've seen at this place.
>>
>>308094
reddit isn't very good for graphic design my brother goes on reddit and he cant graphic design at all so why would you go to reddit for graphic design you just dont know the people on 4chan and how good their graphic design is how can you say its bad remember how good i said i was at graphic design im good and you know it were you talking about me it only takes me a few minutes to do any graphic design can anyone on reddit say that i didnt think so reddit is good but probably not that good its okay though i think you just didnt know how good the people are on here but now you know can you please delete your comment thanks go to reddit and tell them that were actually pretty good then tell us that you did it so were sure that you did it thanks also just let me know if you need some graphic design and ill do something good for you i couldve designed the reddit alien by the way its pretty simple just black lines and a red ball on its head also its smiling i could also draw the graphic design for the 4chan logo too its just 4 leafs so now you know im good thanks ill talk to you later
>>
>>308080
No, that's still new very very new /b/. It's hard to describe the change in tone from "Anonymous, we don't give a fuck who you are" to "Anonymous, you'd better be one of us", but it was striking even through the filter of the year or two when it was all "Anonymous, we don't want to explain to whoever googles our name that we thought that Stickam user was 18".

With any of those flavors of anonymity, though, comes self-selection away from anything the users are proud of. So /gd/ ends up basically a DIY board, where pro or serious hobbyist involvement is limited to quickie questions when we first try a technique followed by never, ever posting a good finished product.
>>
the non-PC nature of 4chins is probably too rough for most professional well-adjusted people like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d47Jibt-EOE

and the page itself doesn't look as nice as Medium or whatever.
>>
>>308116
I hate Medium's UX and UI so goddamn much.
>>
>>308076
Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by real idiots who mistakenly believe they are in good company
>>
To be honest what i hate the most is the focus on logos. Half the fucking threads are just logos, as if thats the only thing which graphic design involves. Barely any threads on typography, layout, producing a unified visual style, product design, print making, ui design ect..

These fucking shitty logo threads drive me mad.
>>
>>308156
To be fair, I think it's because with the massive population of 4chan, there will undoubtedly be some people across all the boards that need a logo and come here for one to be made. The only people that would ever really be interested in typography are real graphic designers, of which there are very few on this board
>>
>>308130
I never used the site, but how come?
>>
Good graphic designers have no time for 4chan. protip: git gud
>>
A lot of people here truly don't understand the difference between art and design. They ask for critique and then try to justify everything or say we don't understand it.
Good design speaks for itself, it needs to be understood.
The semi-objective metric for good design is how well does the idea translate from designer to audience.

THIS IS NOT A VISUAL ART BOARD
>>
>>308256
>Good design speaks for itself, it needs to be understood.
Agreed
>>
>>308098
>>308069
Punctuation is okay, my fine anon.
>>
>>308064
Boy you certainly are the first one to say this and totally unexpected from what a user of this site would say. Are /mu/, /tv/, and /v/vg/ all industry seniors? What makes /gd/ any different?
>>
>>308294
thanks for sucking my dick, lately it feels like nobody agrees with anybody in here. and people only respond to insult eachother.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.