[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you see a bird? And which one? Really rough sketch but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: bird.png (36KB, 644x487px) Image search: [Google]
bird.png
36KB, 644x487px
Can you see a bird? And which one?

Really rough sketch but I want to try keep it minimalist
>>
kiwi bird but it kinda looks like a ballsack
>>
>>306807
yes it's a kiwi bird.
haha i didn't see that, but thanks for your perspective
>>
you're going for a kiwi facing right/a dove facing left, right? the kiwi is really obvious but the dove's beak being hidden behind its breast makes it tough to pick out.
>>
File: kiwi.jpg (135KB, 753x875px) Image search: [Google]
kiwi.jpg
135KB, 753x875px
>>306809
just a kiwi, that was just a draft sketch. i want it as minimal as possible but still able to see a kiwi

i've been working on this
>>
>>306811
It definitely scans well as a happy kiwi! I like the first better, but that's more my cultural associations with liking one-pass and more abstract ink paintings while reading the second as primitive cel shading. (Also a lot of the kiwi silhouette is big fat furry bird rather than just its head, even though the beak is distinctive; with just head/beak and no beak detail it also looks kind of like a beaver or even lion from that angle.)
>>
>>306812
haha i'm not trying to make it look like it's happy. more like staunch and fearless. but i want to some how give away the feeling of "flightless" since it can't fly.
i'm a kiwi so i have to get it right haha.
>>
>>306813
The posture works for that too. Maybe focus on the eye? (Again, cultural, though. 4chan will see ^^ in places NZ users may not.)

Facing down and to the right definitely works for flightless in my mind, compared to how many airport and airline logos are up or up/right. Might not do it for Hebrew and Arabic native speakers, but in the Anglosphere with occasional Chinese? Good idea!
>>
>>306814
>focus on the eye
that sounds like a good idea, i'll try something.

it's a new zealand business, so i'm not worried about the outsider perspective. i'm just trying to decide on the look.

looking down or to the right?
>>
>>306815
>>306814
tho the business will start in nz and then to branch off
>>
>>306809
where do you see the dove?
>>
>>306817
it was more because i read "what bird do you see" as prompting that there were two birds, and post-emptively parsed the tail bump as a really sheltered dove head/the beak as a really narrow tail under that assumption.
>>
>>306815
Right is more important for activity, but down adds not flying, the sketch in OP is a good angle. Kind of reminds me of, like, a chocobo in FF Tactics, and those constantly kicked my ass while staying on the ground - but it's nowhere near a straight lift of one either.
>>
>>306805
this is so terrible. no form,. no shadow. no shades. no details.
>>
>>306826
it's a draft, you know. concept that will be adapted.
>no form,. no shadow. no shades. no details
are you still in art class?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.