[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Hey what do you guys think of this. I made for an assignment in my graphic arts class
>>
without background
>>
>>306093
Why are video game controllers making a basket ball?
>>
>>306093
cool concept but yeah its like there are two worlds:
1 - the flat graphic (obviously digital) controllers
2 - the real world wood texture of the court.

maybe ditch the court (or render it as simplified graphic shapes) and give it a more flat coloured cartoony background?
>>
>>306095
The goal was supposed be an ironic symbol so I contrasted video games with physical activity
>>
>>306109
hmm okay - i mean it kind of works but both are about playing games?

maybe a better contrast would be a pure physical activity like weightlifting?
(the opposite of sitting in front of a console)
>>
>>306109

When I see a basketball made out of console controllers, my mind immediately races to a basketball videogame, and not the opposition of physical activity vs sedentary activity.
>>
>>306145
To elaborate further, a console controller made out of sports material (Balls, helmets, boots, etc) would work better.
>>
>>306146
I got an A+ because I put more effort into this than other people put into theirs
>>
>>306199
Grades mean nothing, especially when they come from effort.

Effort is not going to land you jobs, good practice will.
>>
>>306249
Lol shut the fuck up and be happy for the kid
>>
>>306274
Is that not the point of constructive criticism? Like why feel the need to coddle the kid?
>>
>>306274

Why would I feel happy for someone i have no relation to? I can try offer some advise/help him, if he wants free sympathy he can look somewhere else.

I genuinely don't want to come across as a dick, but I feel constructive criticism is the way to go.
>>
>>306274
This. Especially when your grade relies on your peers doing shitty.
>>
>>306445
>>306445
I mean this >>306249
>>
ironically good design should appear effortless ;)
>>
>>306274
>Lol shut the fuck up and be happy for the kid

First of all. Anon here is trying to prepare him for Reality. highschool does not teach you that.

>>306094

I really hate how you used stroke effect on low res pictures. They look like shit. If this was EVER going to be on a basketball court, it has to look sharp as fuck. What I mean by that is that it needs to be a vector so whoever is going to put this decal on the court can easily blow it up with out it look like a low res shitty design.

Redo it again as a vector, not a raster.
>>
>>306696

Same guy here!

Like really? Are you going to the art institute? Because it really shows. It shows that your teachers don't give a shit since you are at a scam college.
>>
File: Sin título.png (974KB, 961x520px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
974KB, 961x520px
next time use vectors, this is unacceptable
>>
>>306696
faglan failure dropout detected
>>
>>306775
Apparent naif here, what does 'vector' refer to in this context
>>
>>306822
Just read the sticky, never-mind. Thanks for pointing it out
>>
>>306779
>faglan failure dropout detected

What? Look at this dumb anon here. Way to project hard, son.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.