[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

someone help me master this . im trying to do an outline of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
someone help me master this . im trying to do an outline of a logo and its fucking hard
>>
You can use the first tool to make your lines and curves and whatever.

The second one will allow you to create points on the line you made on the first tool.

The third one will let you remove already existing points.
>>
>>305502
i can use it to make/race this?
http://imgur.com/a/bJSdo

im trying but it messing up

thank you
>>
>>305503
Yes. The other tool you need is the anchor conversion tool. It looks like a chevron, should be in the pen tool or hold alt with the pen tool out in AI. It makes the curves that you'll need.
>>
File: gay.webm (832KB, 570x622px) Image search: [Google]
gay.webm
832KB, 570x622px
your logo isn't particularly difficult
what exactly do you need help with?
drag the curves and fix the handles in sharp corners by holding alt
>>
>>305508
i did it but it looks like shit
can u help me improve it?
https://dropfile.to/aM4dgoX
>>
>>305510
of course it looks like shit; your original hand-drawn logo looks like shit

ask >>>/wsr/
>>
>>305501
http://bezier.method.ac/

/thread
>>
>>305508
the mouse scared me, i don't want to design anymore
>>
It is so ez to use, tracing made ez.
>>
http://bezier.method.ac/?scid=social71669606&adbid=1395672350476094&adbpl=fb&adbpr=341657335877606
>>
>>305514
>>306015
that shit isn't working at all for me, what am I doing wrong?
I'm on up-to-date Chrome, and when I click/drack/click-and-drag nothign happens.

Yes, I disabled all ad-blockers and shit for the site.
>>
>>306061
there's no need for those, use illustrator pen tool instead (trace drawings or follow tutorials) since you'll need to get used to shortcuts, workflow and selection tools etc.
>>
>>305508
do half of the A and then mirror it so it doens't look hand drawn
>>
>>306015
this
>>
>>306015
Thanks but after the 3 drawing it stopped to be useful.
it didn't show me how to improve my style using less points
>>
Draw it better, measure it out with a ruler and actually put time into the drawing, on plain white paper, if you have a scanner scan it, if not take a pic in decent lighting, either image trace it and use the direct selection tool to clean up or use pen tool. It's no hard, you can find some decent tutorials online
>>
>>305508
>white fill
That is the bane of my designing ventures...
>>
>>305508
Are there any good resources for the making curves? I can't do it right for some reason, so I always end up placing the points first, and then dragging them.
>>
File: fffsdfsdf.webm (3MB, 762x520px) Image search: [Google]
fffsdfsdf.webm
3MB, 762x520px
>>307983
There's not much to doing curves.

Click and drag the canvas to make a normal curve with equal tangents
• While dragging, start holding alt to break tangent direction with active handle
• While dragging, start holding shift to snap to constrain angles

Click an end point to join the curves with zero-length end tangent
Click and drag an end point to join the curves with a tangent of equal direction but differing length
• While dragging, same rules apply as above

Holding alt and clicking any point will set its tangents to 0
Holding alt and clicking and dragging any point will set its tangents to equal length and direction
Holding alt and clicking and dragging any handle will break its direction relative to its pair (if any)

Switching between direct selection and pen tool is easy, just push A to get direct selection (or just V for 'normal' selection) and P to get the pen tool
It's often beneficial to use the O, S and R shortcuts (combined with alt/shift) for quick mirroring, scaling and rotation.

Remember to enable rubber banding from the preferences.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.