[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Identity critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170416_211837.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_211837.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
Personal logo. I really like how it turned out, but would it be suitable for formal work? Maybe it's too violent/visceral. (Supposed to represent the division of conscience)

So what do you think, /gd/, could a businessman be pushed away by it? Should I formerly use a minimalist glyph instead?
>>
>>305385
i wouldn't have figured it out without your description, unless you are a motion graphics artist/animator it just doesn't make any sense although i don't necessarily hate it, i think it might be interesting if it was even more crazy something more flat-cartoonish with the eyes outside the circle and an open mouth and a tongue or something like that.
>>
>>305386
Yeah, that's part of the dilemma. I'm split between graphic design and animation, that's why I wanted to make a logo that would stand on it's own as a static image while still having room for motion.

Also, you're right, the expression on its face is dull. But then again, I also want to use it as a formal logo. I'll tamper with its expression nevertheless.
>>
That's really ... just ... bad.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic; I just can't see what it's supposed to represent, express... or... anything. It's like someone said "Imagine a cartoon face that also combines clouds and eggs."

It doesn't really even look like a polished version of anything.

I'd just throw it in the "useless doodles" folder and start over completely.
>>
>>305394
Op here
This is the fucking reason I look for advice in 4chan. In the real world it would take me months to find an opinion like this, and it would shock/block me a lot. I know it's destructive as fuck, but people usually keep these things to themselves.

I'd rather take a punch to the face than being pat on the back for doing a mediocre job. And yeah, I get your point; it's more of an illustration and less of a logo, so it's a shit design. It might look vague and dull, I think it's because making the expression neutral is like giving something that should be cartoony and wacky a more serious tone. I still like the idea and I disagree on the "meaninglessness", but I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>305404

Cool man. I seriously wasn't trying to be a lulz dick, and I'm glad you didn't take it that way.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.