[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a project that some of you guys might be able to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I've got a project that some of you guys might be able to help me with.

my brother got an old chevy squarebody, and is getting it road worthy to go cruising in. before it reaches that point, it needs new front suspension parts, like tie rods, etc.

heres where you guys come in. I used to use grafitti spray paint on bare metal parts on suspensions of truck we did fleet work on. both as an eye catcher( oh you used the fancy parts!!!, and as protective coating since graff paint is supposed to be a bitch to get off a surface.

this has been 7 years now. which brands would stand up to motor vehicle use the best? im going bright as fuck contrasting colors, this is all under carriage stuff.except maybe the water pump, power steering and A/C compressor, and the alternator.

real contrast sort of stuff.

which brands do you think would work best ofr this, without me going a couple hundred bucks deep into cerakote. I'd like to stick to graff paint for the palette.
>>
Dude... this is a question for experienced mechanics and restorers.
>>
>>305322
>>>/o/
>>
>>305350
I am a mechanic. i just wanted to now which is the best graff paint that stays on the longest.
>>
>>305382
can't you make a quick call to your local paint shop?
>>
>>305382
>I am a mechanic. i just wanted to now which is the best graff paint that stays on the longest.

Because cars are made out of concrete?

I'd expect you'd use better paint that whatever some tagger managed to shoplift from Walmart.
>>
>>305387
do you honestly understand how much of a royal pain in the ass it it to set up, prep, and then clean a HVLP gun?

its so much cheaper to get a can of graff paint.
>>305397
NYC Transit Authority have to use solvents on the good kinds of graff paint to get them off of trains.

seriously none of you know anything about physical medium and supplies? goddamn i thought you would.
>>
nah
>>
>>305322
I can only speak from experience. I've never spray painted a car, but graff paint certainly isn't a bad idea. There isn't really one answer. Generally the better brands of paint have wider operating temperatures, hold up in weather and have features aimed at artists, like variable pressure valves to alter the paint flow. Where I live, mtn 94 is incredibly popular because of how versatile it is. The black in your pic is designed for high pressure, covering large surfaces quickly. Taggers love it because of how quick you can graff something up, but it's not good for detailed work or your wallet, since you'll eat through a can much quicker.

Low pressure paints like 94, molotow and flame tend to be better for control and waste less paint if you have the time to work on something. These are probably also better for multiple coats due to their controllability. All Graff paints should adhere to metal. They're not designed for purely concrete at all, they're designed to be weatherproof on less than perfect surfaces with no primer or lacquer, so they should all hold up to car parts, though I'd clean the surface before hand, and I imagine priming can never hurt if you're inclined to do it.

>>305397
None of that was helpful.
>>
>>305435
thanks, I forgot the brand I had scored a few cans of when i last used the graff paint on the suspension parts, since its been 6 years or so. I had gotten them from a skate/head shop i bought my friend a fancy bong from.

regular spray paint gets eaten up suprisingly quick when you get a vehicle low or really high.

the parts i will be painting arent going to get hot, being lower suspension parts for the front end, under the truck. I just want solid, sturdy max coverage with high visibility, so we can see if something gets fucked up when he goes woods running. I know some of the guys i came up with in the ricer scene use Molotow for refurbing the finish on track parts they get used in the SCCA spec civic and Miata series.

I might use some to refurb an old toolbox.

thanks for the post man.
>>
>>305428
You strut in to a board called GRAPHIC DESIGN and start asking technical questions about painting fucking car parts, and then you get pissy when the answers aren't up to your standards?

Get the fuck out of here, you entitled asshole. Your question is completely off topic. I hope you wreck your brother's stupid classic car and die.
>>
>>305657
get the fuck away from here you retard
no one cares about your fucking car and your retarded brother
>>
>>305675
hows that commission coming? got any leads on a job?
>>
>>305677
it's going great, chump, unlike your fucking car
>>
>>305694
>>305661
>>305675
did someone lose his handi-cap discount bus pass?
>>
this is not graphic design related you fucking nig ger
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.