[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm attempting to make a logo for a steakhouse. However,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1482984018000.jpg (42KB, 457x409px) Image search: [Google]
1482984018000.jpg
42KB, 457x409px
I'm attempting to make a logo for a steakhouse. However, I can't seem to make the steak look a though it was made by a child on drugs. Any suggestions on how I can make the steak better? Any suggestions on the logo itself would also be appreciated
P.S. I know the logo is to the left.
>>
>>305214
search for references using the words "steak vector" "logo circle badge"
draw it a few times
trace over it using a vector software (avoid color until the end)
use a clear/legible typeface for the company's name without distortion (forget the circle if you don't have any other text)

or avoid a headache and hire someone for a few bucks
>>
>>305214
it's rare for a steakhouse to have a steak in the logo. sometimes an entire cow, bull's head or horns, though those disappear too as they get more upscale.

around what kind of budget are we talking? $30 plus drinks? $100 plus drinks? $300 plus drinks?
>>
>>305225
It depends. You have from 10 dollar burgers to 60 dollar roundhouses.
>>
>>305230
so low to mid range, hmm. what's the rest of the branding/decor/menu/clientele like?
>>
>>305232
Rustic. They have old style brick walls, and on fridays they have live performances, which attracts younger people. The old logo is a settler travelling through an old western town with hay.
>>
>>305263

So it's rustic, and somewhat pricey. How the hell should the logo be a
>steak look as though it was made by a child on drugs
>>
>>305279
There was supposed to be a not there
>>
>>305214
Putting a steak in the logo is marketing myopia. You are selling an experience not a steak. Sure the steak is god but it's not why people come. Focus on the name of the place, on the feel that they want to give off, think in terms of positive and negative space. A picture of a piece of meet on a sign what is this shawarma hut?
>>
>>305214
This post is either bait or you're in way over your head.

If this logo is something you're attempting to make for someone else, politely tell them it's beyond your capabilities and urge them to find someone who knows what they're doing.

If you're attempting to make this logo for your own business, you need to hire someone to do it for you.

Either way, if you continue down this path you're just going to embarrass yourself. Your current iteration doesn't show any sort of promise. I don't know why people are trying to give you constructive advice, because what you have right now cannot be salvaged. Maybe they think it's funny?

If you're interested in graphic design, then by all means keep working at it as a hobby in private. But what you're doing right now is nowhere near ready for real world usage.
>>
>>305305
i was trying to work him into it more gently, by showing what all of his competitors did, but yeah. the logo being round might be salvageable and that's about it.
>>
>>305214
try working it on paper first, its clear you have not enough skill to properly ideate digitally so fussing around on illustrator is only going to hurt you, go back to basics, work on your concept, that that through a pitch and THEN go back to your computer
>>
>>305339
This advice only really applies if you have an eye for design to begin with, and I don't think OP does.
>>
>>305214
Like others said, what you have isn't salvageable. The company will be disappointed to find out they've got a guy doing their logo in paint.
Take some online classes, get Photoshop and Illustrator, abandon this project because it's not going to go anywhere.
Hate to be harsh but if you think your only issue so far is that the shape of the steak looks a bit weird, you've got bigger problems.
>>
>>305214
>child on drugs
I know fuck all about GD, but children can do better than that on paint. Anyways, I'm thinking to get that drugs look you're going to have to either have to give it a trippy look (vaporwave?), or take a look at drawings of schizophrenic people and try to copy that.

tl;dr Add a weed leaf and some chicken nuggies to that plate.
>>
>>305504
dude what ?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.