[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one learn graphic design without shilling out money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0112.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
How does one learn graphic design without shilling out money to an arts school?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>304889
you would go on Youtube and learn shit, of course

important things to learn are how to use Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/maybe Acrobat, knowing color theory/color printers/typography, and how to prepare for/make projects, mostly digital but some print knowledge would be beneficial

check out TastyTuts on Youtube as a resource to use

>t. shilled out money to attend a graphic design course for half a year
>>
YouTube. If you don't mind shelling out a few bucks it might be worth getting a Lynda account.
>>
Get a CGPeers account, pirate Lynda courses on

Layout
Typography
Colour
Adobe Creative Suite (Ps / Id / Ai)
>>
>>304889
Get born in a country with free education
>>
Honestly, my instructor shows us Lynda videos all the time, and sometimes youtube too. Lynda is incredibly hard to watch (for me anyways --total snooze fest) and a lot of people hated her for it, but they're educational nonetheless. Books help too. One of my teachers hands out readings like every class, and she was obsessed with doing research.

One of our instructors were just the worse and changed her mind about everything, but at least she's gone after this year and the regular instructor is returning after a year off. If I could go back in time and learn everything on my own I would. Not worth it IMO.

>regret shilling out money for a community college graphic design course

>>304889
I feel you.
>>
Gosh darn it, meant to aim that last reply at >>304890
>>
Tons of good shit in the wiki if you're learning the basics.
>>
you don't
>>
>community college graphic design course
>half-a-year design course
No fucking wonder you guys don't think highly of design education, you didn't get any.

Graphic design degrees are totally worth it but you gotta go to a real design school that has a reputation. It's the same with fucking every white collar job ever
>>
>>305364
this x10
>be /gd/
>get shit grades
>pick a low tier art college/uni
>FUCKING HELL DESIGN SCHOOLS ARE SHIT REEEE
>>
Lynda.com can be free if your library has it available. I live in Portland, OR and the library there offers it just by logging in with your card
>>
If you dont go for schooling, you better be DAMN ready to defend your position in an interview.

And also skip all the job applications that have a mandatory college field
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.