[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am very happy with this outcome, but you may roast it how you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Sikta på allt.jpg (2MB, 2778x2778px) Image search: [Google]
Sikta på allt.jpg
2MB, 2778x2778px
I am very happy with this outcome, but you may roast it how you like. It's my bands new album cover. The title for the album is "Aim at everything with wings"
>>
>>304401
Give a synopsis of it.
>>
>>304401
Your gonna cringe so bad when you will be 4 years older, looking back on this photo that you stumbled upon and you'll realize what an absolute garbage faze of your life this was.
>>
>>304453
>faze of your life
>faze
Just... Stop.
>>
>>304401
do you have the tutorial?
>>
>>304453
>Your
>gonna
>when you will be 4 years older
>faze of your life

K Y S
Y
S
>>
>>304481
Got roasted noob.
>>
>>304401
so what, no words on the cover or anything? its just a distorted image atm

>good luck color blind people
>>
>>304401
This isnt your blog fatass
>>
>>304514
Yeah that's true, i don't know though. We have a logo but i can't decide if it should be in the left corner or in the middle.
>>
>>304634
Left corner if you want to emphasize the "mood" of the cover album.
In the middle if you want to emphasize the logo itself.

My suggestion is either top corner (if logo is dark) or bottom corner (if your logo is light) but if you insist on putting it in the middle, make sure it has borders/strokes of opposite colour so it doesn't look like a puke that meshes in with the background.

By the way, what style of music your band does?
>>
>>304648
Swedish Indie-pop
>>
Ok. My recommendation is remove the X on the ?Gargoyles? I know you say "aim at everything with wings" but man.. those stick out. Remove the X and I think it'd look a lot better, give it a shot.
>>
>>304793
Plus there's a bit too much open space at the top, we don't need 6 feet of sky above the actual focal point of the image.
>>
File: fuckyoouuuuidiot.jpg (2MB, 2778x2778px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyoouuuuidiot.jpg
2MB, 2778x2778px
>>304401
Made some corrections desu.
>>
>>304514
I'm colorblind
This is just a shit image, like really fucking shit.
>>
Some criticism:

>the cover lacks punch, from a structure standpoint it looks very lazy and has that generic-throwaway quality, if I can guess immediately that this cover is for a four track EP from a bunch of un-invested 20 year olds who will never release another album afterwards you have a promble

>the dirty filtering to make it seem like an old photograph looks pretty decent, but if you want a protip, go to goodwill buy an old camera and use it for a more authentic and less time consuming effect

>I barely noticed the X's on the angels faces, partly because they look like they were done with a pen tool in Illustrator, partly because it's the same color as many of the reds in the pallet, I would either draw some scribbly X's on paper and scan them in (there are free scanning apps for your phone you don't even need a scanner) or beef up the size of the X's, and change the color to something more contrasting that still fits inside the pallet

>the photo is blurry in the wrong places, the leaves are in focus while the angels are not even though they're supposed to be the focal point of the photograph? it seems counterintuitive

Some things I like:

>the pallet itself is really nice, good use of shade selection and complimentary colors

>the subject of the photo is pretty cool and the angle is good

>the lighting suits the colors very well
>>
>>304796
May just use this instead, thank you anon.
>>
>>304794
The thing is, that's where the title is supposed to be. I just thought it looked more "artistic" with no band name. But if you say so. So what, do you recommend that i crop the picture?
>>
this is such a shit photo i bet your band think you're the shit and you probably call yourself something idiotic like the secondaries or something because you're so hipster no you're not you're gay but I bet your guitarist looks good
FAGGOT
>>
File: multi-love-cover.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
multi-love-cover.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
I make album art and band merch for a living. my 2 cents:

It's not terrible. It's not memorable. It's kinda nothing. Buuuuut if your tunes are really good you could turn this image iconic someday. There are plenty of bands out there that have this kind of aesthetic for an album cover: My Bloody Valentine, Uknown Mortal Orchestra, Wilco, etc. However, they have many many followers and I'm wagering you don't. In order for an album art like this to be considered "good", it has to be attached to an established band with good reviews.

I think you go for something totally fresh and unique on your first album. In my experience, it was more successful.

PS, you should put your band's name and album title on your first record.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.