[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Interview Once >Interview Twice Sorry, we went with another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1491509818509.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1491509818509.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>Interview Once
>Interview Twice
Sorry, we went with another candidate.

>Interview Once
>Interview Twice

>Interview Once
>Interview Twice

Anyone in this situation? Good enough to get their full attention but not seal the deal?
>>
>>304295
Did you get to talk about the salary?
>>
Ok here is a little tip: Start beeing a little more dominant and aggressive (all while not beeing to egoistic).
I'm in HR in a big electronics company and I interview designers and media guys al the time. 60% of the people I meet are submissive and introvert as fuck. They don't hold eyecontact, dodge critical questions and are generally just awkward as fuck. The other 40% are these new age hipsters who always wanted to do "something with media" when they grew up. They come to the interview in shorts, shirts and jewelry in their fucking beard while they wear big framed non pescription glasses to look vintage. These people don't care about the company, they just want a paying contract, but as HR I need to hire people who want to work for the company and not just get paid by it.

Be open, friendly, extrovert, aggresive in tactic. After the first interview demand that you show them your work (maybe even in person). It is not that other designers have better work than you, it that they are more professional and convincing. Don't take a no for an answer.
>>
>>304324
>These people don't care about the company, they just want a paying contract, but as HR I need to hire people who want to work for the company and not just get paid by it.

you know that this is everyone right?
>>
>>304327
Well HR has to justify its existence somehow
>>
At least you get rejected, 99% of my applications (which get a positive reaction) just get radio silence afterwards.
>>
>>304299
Nope. It's usually:

1. HR person interview to make sure youre not a weirdo. Another meeting right after with an art director or a middle-manager who's vaguely creative.
2. Interview 2 (usually a week later) With the big head, the ceo, or whoever's higher up in the agency. Maybe the main creative director.

Salary stuff would typically come if they called me in after that.

>>304324
I've never had an interview where I didn't show them my portfolio on day 1. It's just expected and they always open with it. Maybe your place is different. At least I know I've got a head up on those "hipsters" because I come in dressed professionally and with tight, well-kept facial hair.
>>
>>304335
>Well HR has to justify its existence somehow

You're missing the point completely. And the point stands whether the interviewer works in HR or the Art Department.

When I've hired people, I wasn't looking for a button monkey, nor someone "who just cares about the paycheck". I wanted a designer who also was going personally to give a damn about helping our company be successful.
>>
>>304295
Git gud
>>
>>304295
Not saying this will solve all your problems, but I read this earlier today and thought the advice was excellent: https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues/27-march-2-april-2017/ego-worst-thing-world-career-advice-pentagram-studio-moross-jones-knowles-ritchie/
>>
>>304382

That's a great article. I'll add another point I didn't see specifically mentioned:

Many people that get interested in design think it's about making great art. It's not. It's about communicating a message, graphically, to a specific targeted type of person, audience, or market.

An "artist" is free to draw/paint whatever they like, and leave interpretation to the viewer.

Designers are trying to make the viewer think, or feel, a particular thing - not leave it up to the viewer to create their own backstory.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.