[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to make a vector of this pic related currently,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2380.jpg (140KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2380.jpg
140KB, 1200x630px
I'm trying to make a vector of this pic related currently, I'm using photoshop cc 2015 I know I'm just making my life harder but this is a one time thing, how can I accurately replicate the spikes in the tire? I'm tried making a selection and filling it but I can't get them to line up evenly creating a spokes effect I can't find anything helpful so I came here
>>
You use illustrator and the pen tool

"How do i cut out a square in this wood sheet? im using a hammer i know im just making my life harder but this is a one time thing"
>>
>>304005
>vector
>photoshop
pick one

just try illustrator it shouldn't take longer than 5 mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-8K9O6KxU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRXxNb0evjU

basically make a circle remove the fill, make one spike at the top, select the circle and the spike alt+click rotate tool, change the value to 8 or 10 and pick copy, after that just press ctrl+d for duplicating the spikes
>>
>>304008
I'm not making vectors all the time so I just use photoshop
>>
My instruction here using: Anchor point and Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T(Transform Again)
1. Make a circle and one spike at the top. In 1 layer.
2. Duplicate it, go Transform, move Anchor Point to the center of the circle and Rotate an angle where the current spike just barely touch the previous spike. Hit OK
3. Press: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T.
This will perform Transform Again, and it will repeat step 2. Press them as much as you want.
That should get you through the hard part.
>>
File: plc.jpg (615KB, 1700x850px) Image search: [Google]
plc.jpg
615KB, 1700x850px
anything radially symmetric can be distorted so that its cartesian coordinates transform to polar coordinates and vice versa
It can be tough finding the center and even so, you'll never get it 'truly' radially symmetric by free transform alone, but it helps visualising the problem
Once you have a cartesianised image 'good enough', fix it and reapply the polar coordinates
>>
File: Dwm 2017-04-04 11-48-46-31.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dwm 2017-04-04 11-48-46-31.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
>>304051
update from yesterday. I was on google and managed to find a tutorial on it using this method, i just added some grid lines to get the center of it somewhat and di the spokes, im going to do the tire treads with your method now
>>
File: 556547_filter.png (105KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
556547_filter.png
105KB, 1080x1920px
>>304068
here is the finished product, it was all done in photoshop
>>
>>304088
that actually looks like garbage tho
also somehow i doubt you have that as a "vector" or even know what a vector is :/
>>
>>304068
those aren't vectors dude
>>
>>304133
So you started your OP with "I'm trying to make a vector of this pic".

And have now made something that isn't vectors.

Guess why we told you to use Illustrator...
>>
>>304006
>Wood sheet
>>
>>304133
>>304152
What's wrong with using photoshop for vectors?
>>
>>304202
they're not vectors
>>
>>304199
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sheet+of+wood

>>304202
because a vector isnt "muh flat logo"

vectors use code and etc to be infinitely scalable etc etc compared to "rasters" which are just pixels and cant do shit

guess what photoshop makes/edits?
>>
>>304221
adding to this, even though you can work with vector graphics inside Photoshop (Paths, Shapes), the output is ultimately bitmap graphics, not vectors.
>>
>>304223
I'll add one more. You CAN draw paths in Illustrator, and export the vectors as an AI. They won't be filled nor stroked, but technically you can create a vector in PS. But they'll be vectors that are practically useless unless imported into something else. Like Illustrator, for example.

Which again, is why the FIRST FUCKING REPONSE to the OP was "use illustrator and the pen tool".
>>
>>304251
>You CAN draw paths in Illustrator

Fuck, not enough coffee yet. I meant to type "You CAN draw paths in PS."
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.