[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doing a project for uni, i've got to design a whole corporate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

doing a project for uni, i've got to design a whole corporate design manual, i'm making it for a made-up airline company called bon voyage. i'm not a designer, im a computer science major but i took design as a course and now i need to do this. i'd really appreciate any feedback, and also my question is does the logo kinda look like a plane? I see a plane but my roommate says he doesnt see a plane and it looks like a logo for ice cream
>>
the shape is supposed to spell the initials of the name (bon voyage), and the whole thing together is supposed to sorta look like a plane
>>
i see it dude but maybe you need to add at least like cockpit windows so it's more immediately recognisable as a plane

also maybe un-rotate the text? i understand ur jig but shitty readers will have to twist their necks n shit, play around with it a little, maybe a modern typeface would be worth trying if you opened up the character spacing by a bit

overall a nice concept but be more confident in showing it instead of being so vague
>>
>>301993
i'll add the cockpit windows to make it more like a plane as soon as i get home and i'll see how it looks then, and i'll try putting the text below the logo and see how that goes.

what kind of typeface would you recommend? i've been looking through font sites for the past 2 days and i feel like my mind is just a bunch of neatly organised letters at this point .
&thanks for the feedback obv
>>
>>302018
i recommend you try looking at your image with a bunch of different fonts and slowly shortlist them down until you get something you like
try stuff from different styles (slab serif, sans, deco, etc)
>>
>>301989
The logo tends to "stuck" on the ground, if you get the metaphor. But the ficitious airline says "Bon voyage". Travel to another country, flying.
That doesn't scream flying, more like a fat hen trying to get off the air.
I would change it to something different.
>>
File: Bon Voyage.png (42KB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
Bon Voyage.png
42KB, 1000x645px
>>301989
>>302111

critic anon here again. For your consideration.
>>
File: Bon Voyage 02.png (42KB, 1000x821px) Image search: [Google]
Bon Voyage 02.png
42KB, 1000x821px
>>302117
another proposal
>>
I like the initial shape.
have you tried it without an angle, such as horizontal?
also i'd reccomend having a bolder and more clear typeface it helps it look more professional.
Handwritten fonts are selective to the business and do not fit well with shaped logos.
Also the last plane on the logo can be adjusted to be a bit thinner so it scales in correct fashion.
Hope it helps
>>
File: Bon Voyage 03.png (49KB, 1000x830px) Image search: [Google]
Bon Voyage 03.png
49KB, 1000x830px
>>302136
Going full abstract mode. Classic 60's "Googies" (yeah they are called that) to invoke forward or upward movement forming a "B" and "V".
Red determined to reach it's flight destination, violet for the luxury element of higher class flights, blue for the sky.
>>
>>302164
not sure about font and colours, but the concept looks good
>>
File: Bon Voyage 04.png (41KB, 1000x842px) Image search: [Google]
Bon Voyage 04.png
41KB, 1000x842px
>>302164
Another proposal without the plane.
>>
>>302300
Looks like a female deodorant brand.
>>
>>302164
Respect the idea but the colors need to be bold, and the text feels out of place
>>
>>301989
Pregnant woman with no legs
>>
>>302300
Straight outta '91
>>
File: Bon Voyage 05.png (27KB, 1000x594px) Image search: [Google]
Bon Voyage 05.png
27KB, 1000x594px
>>302359
Crap, now I see it too… =(

>>302379
Even more bold? What do you have in mind?
The text doesn't necessarily be there, airlines seldomly write their names under the logo.

>>302383
Yeeaaahh… She's ready to deliver

>>302426
You mean the colors? Always changeable

Here something "airy" stuff
>>
>>301989
You need to think about the support OP, because none of these ideas could really work. It's an airline company, it has to go on a plane! Make it vertical and stop separating graphics an type, that's a whole.
>>
>>302767
horizontal*
>>
>>301989
It looks meh, I would suggest maybe putting the bon voyage centered under the logo and then put a small slogan under that, that reads "for the love of flying". All in lowercase. It looks more like a heart lol
>>
1. It doesn't look (nor imply) an airplane at all.
2. The Bon Voyage font choice is utter crap.

The color palette isn't bad.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.